sightless shooting

Guest jackdog

When I got my 642 my father told me about the point shooting technique where you point with your index and pull with your middle finger. He showed me how it worked, and then when I tried it we both noticed that my index finger extended past the barrel. This technique might not be the best for big hands and small guns.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest failuredrill

We use a technique called rock and lock for out of the holster close quarters shooting. Pull from the holster(rock) then lock the gun right below your nipple/on the ribs and cant the gun about 30 degrees away from your nipple/ribs area(to avoid being bit by the slide) and take a standard response(2 body) shots followed by a failure drill(one to the head).

It's amazing how accurate you can get with this technique at 0 to 7 yards and even beyond. You don't use sights and the muscle memory is there almost automatically

Guest canynracer

i just point.....then shoot...I dont use the sights....I practice it alot, I am pretty damn accurate, not sure if there is a "technique" to it for me...raise gun, pull trigger...

• 1 month later...

Sure, I'll draw out the agony.

Point shooting doesnt necessarily mean using the middle finger. I find the idea repugnant personally, but if someone can do it well, great. The only gun I've heard this really working on is the old Hi Standard derringer. And it works well there.

My understanding of point shooting comes from the technique outlined in Shooting To Live and probably taught also by Rex Applegate. That is, hold the gun up mid line to the body with one hand only and point with it. It makes more sense reading how he describes it.

I have tried this in competition often and it works fine. It is very fast, which is the point.

Guest GLOCKGUY
This has been on here for over a year!You should win an award or something.

Ohh,I know,maybe the mods will give you a free TGO membership

i want a free TGO membership 14104_icon_smile_laugh_1.gif14104_icon_smile_laugh_1.gif