First Doe kill with a bow

Guest clutepc

Guest clutepc

I shot 2 bucks last year but never a doe.

This one gave me a 18 yard broadside shot, complete pass-thru.

She only went 15 yards from where I hit her

I couldn't get over the fact the right should was completely destroyed and separated.

The joint and all were blown apart by the muzzy,

IMG_0668.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clutepc

Thanks everyone, glad to get the seasonal monkey off my back.

Don't know why the first one always seems the hardest to get down sometimes.

I still want to go back and find my arrow, I was shooting a lighted nock so I figured it would be easy to find.

Must have drove it in the ground good or it turned off for some reason.

I know they make it easier to see where you hit.

I saw it hit her shoulder and disappear, they really help with seeing if your shot was good or not.

I normally have a video camera running and yesterday was the one day I didn't, would have been a great video if you could have seen it through all the trees.

I shot through a small hole in the branches, which I normally don't do.

I had gone to full draw early and got set aiming at where I thought she would walk and waited, if she didn't go there I would let her walk.

She ended up stepping right where I had the first pin aimed, I didn't have to adjust anything just released the arrow. That probably won't happen again.

I was shocked over that more than anything, a plan that worked..not use to that..lol

The cut you see in her ear was fresh and looked like someone has shot at her and missed.

I guess it could be anything really but it was a good sized cut.

I'll probably be fixing backstraps tomorrow night :P, I've been out of the good stuff since early summer. I was down to 1 roast from last year.

I hope to take more than 2 deer this year with as much venison as we eat, I don't want to run out again.

I've got the whole family hooked on the stuff.

Edited by clutepc