Mohawk Armory - ARs, 1911s and more

JeffsSig

I went to Mohawk Armory and had a talk with Jim the owner. I had a look in his nice shop while I was there.

These guys are local makers of AR lowers in 5.56 and .308 They also sell full ARs at a nice price. I like to support local Tennessee makers when I can.

If your looking for a striped lower give him a call or go by and see him.

They are located in Midway TN just off I-81 at exit 23. This is in East TN near Bulls Gap, Greeneville, and Morristown area.

Jim also will do custom laser work on the lowers. I have a few lowers that he done for me and I will pick these up on Wednesday.

Ill report back with images and my thoughts on his lowers in a few days.

He also says he will be making 1911s and will have a few ready for pictures in a couple of weeks. Ill try and get us some pictures and test one of his 1911s along with some specs.

They do have a website and Ill be glad to PM anyone who wants the phone number or web site.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

Why be so secretive about the address to the website.. ???? If you will notice on the web site that there is not any address for the bisness listed.. I feel that this is a failure and raises a red flag..

http://mohawkarmory.com/index5b25.html?p=1_4_Contact-Us

Contact Us

FOR ALL ORDERS OR TO DISCUSS A QUOTE FOR A COMPLETE RIFLE

PLEASE CALL JIM GRAHAM 423-335-6528

EMAIL JGRAHAM10@EARTHLINK.NET

FAX 423-235-5909

Edited by FroggyOne2

Sorry I was not being secretive about it. Just tossing info out there about these guys and thought their site would not be hard to Google

The address is 995 Mohawk Creek Rd Midway, TN 37809

Ill post my thoughts on the lowers soon.

Thanks Titan

Do you guys think that the OP didn't want to ADVERTISE a GUN business on here without them being a SUPPORTING VENDOR????????????

if he didn't want to advertise the gun business, he wouldn't have posted the thread about them. i don't think adding the website is a huge advertisement. it just makes it easier for people who reading the thread to find the site.

Here is a few images of one of the Mohawk Armory lowers I picked up.

This one I had him laser the TN 3 stars from our State Flag and added the 458 SOCOM since this one will have that upper on it.

Ill post back after I build it.

lower1.jpg

lower2.jpg

lower3.jpg

Ok here are a few images of the lower built.

I used Rock River lower parts. I went with the A2 stock due to the 458 SOCOM upper I will put on it (when it gets here)

I did a test fit with these uppers.

Adams Arms Piston

2 Rock River

1 Stag

and a 5.7

All fit snug and tight as they should.

458low1.jpg

458low2.jpg458low2.jpg

458low3.jpg

458low4.jpg

458low5.jpg

458low6.jpg

I had seen one. But Im not sure what parts they use.

Give Jim a call and ask.

Has anyone seen one of their complete builds? I've been told they use a lot of Rock River Arms parts. I like the idea of buying local but I'm new to these and I'd like more info.
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine went together very tightly with Rock River Arms upper. Still waiting on the 458 upper. I guess if I had to nitpick, there were a few spots on the front of the magwell that could have been buffed a bit more before anodizing but they are unnoticable from a normal view distance. I'll post pics of the build once the upper comes in.