FFL Holders - Knoxville

Guest DRO

I'm sorry if this info is somewhere else (but I can't find it), so feel free to direct me. Does anyone know the cheapest FFL in the Knoxville area? Of course, they need to be reliable, but surely there are some that are cheaper than others, right? I used to use Gunny's but they've gone up in the last year.

I'd prefer to deal FTF w/ a person but have found a deal that may be too good to pass up. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from Coal Creek Armory, its around $50 for their FFL

Ya I was just in there on Friday and saw that the fee is around $50 if it is a gun that they often stock. If not then it's only $30 I believe. Either way there a definitely better deals in the K-town area.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Ya I was just in there on Friday and saw that the fee is around $50 if it is a gun that they often stock. If not then it's only $30 I believe. Either way there a definitely better deals in the K-town area.

That's a bass-ackwards way of getting you to purchase guns from them... What do business owners think sometimes... ;)

I too would say Bill's Outpost. I have done business with them on several occasions and they have always been great people to deal with. Also Farnsworth in Vonore as far as a direct buy, but I don't know about their transfer fee.

Thanks for all the excellent feedback guys. Indeed what I was looking for was an alternative to the untenable pricing at CCA. Based on votes alone, sounds like I may give Bill's a go.

That's a bass-ackwards way of getting you to purchase guns from them... What do business owners think sometimes... :D

I also like Bills a lot....however, I do not think CCA's fee is unreasonable. You should definitely give a local business the chance to earn yours if they can match the price. A lot of times people are quick to order online without even checking to see if they can get the same product at home. Also people often use the "no sales tax" out of state arguement but fail to realize they are actually liable for that tax if the state ever enforced it. While doing a transfer is not a lot of work its hard to keep the doors open on $20 bucks a customer.

Ditto to Bill's Outpost and Austin's. Also see Doug at On Target off of Inskip Road. Can't remember what I paid but IIRC it was around $15 + $10 background. Again, another great guy who will continue to get my business, along with these others. Good luck in your transfer! They ALL need good homes, don't they?

I used Bill one time, everything went as planned. Purchased a Walther P99AS from Bud's sent it to Bills, done deal. Bought some ammo there that was somewhat scarce at the time.

I can see why CCA charges so much everyone is always so busy there :) and their staff knowledge is a cut above. But really, they do have some overhead to cover that many don't have.

There is Loudon County Sportsman in Lenoir City, Denny and Troy Phillips. 986.4773. 107 East Broadway. I don't recall what they said they would do a transfer for.

• 4 months later...