New Ruger LCP

jitdc

I just bought my new Ruger LCP from Bill's Outpost, great guys over there. Love the looks and feel of the little gun but I noticed that the magazine moves around a lot. I have not shot it yet but I'm worried that this is not supposed to be this way. It "jiggles" a ton! Has anyone else experienced this?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zj318guy

Had to pull mine out of my pocket and check for you. Not sure what you consider a lot of play but in comparison to my primary carry glock and my other various handguns it does have more wiggle in the mag, a little less with a full magazine, but mine has been 100% reliable since I bought it last year. Pretty sure what you're experiencing is normal but if it's a problem you will certainly know the first time you shoot it.

Edited by zj318guy
Terrible spelling

Thanks for checking that. The LCP is my first semi-auto, I have a S&W 642, so I don't have any experience with magazines. I first noticed it when I was comparing the Ruger I purchased to a Diamondback .380 which had no play whatsoever when it was inserted. Thanks again, I can't wait to get out and shoot it!

I picked up the same thing at Bill's not two weeks or so ago! Yes, they are great guys! In fact, I grabbed the Ruger SR9c at the same time. They both shoot very nice--yes, to the play in the mag, although didn't seem out of the ordinary to me, either, as zj.. said. For me, it's the looooonnnngggg trigger pull that takes some gettin' used to. Hope you get to shoot it soon, and that it's fun for you as it was for me. Now, I'm wanting the LCR--it's addictive for sure!

Guest Sgt. Joe

I do not own one of them but I have heard a lot of people talk of the movement in the mags, but never to the point that it caused any problems. And as was said, if it is a problem you will find out quickly. I would not worry about it and just go and enjoy it. And after you shoot it you will most likely come back and tell us how awesome it is. I really have yet to hear anything negative about these guns.

If I did not already have a Sig 238 and a PPK along with another 238 and a Smith Body Guard 380 on lay away I would be after one of these myself and I figure I eventually will be anyway.

ENJOY:)

• 4 months later...

AVOID BILL'S OUTPOST POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOT SO FRIENDLY STAFF, NEVER HAVE ANYTHING IN STOCK

Troll?

I love my LCP, it does indeed have a looser mag then first expected, but it has no problem through around 200 rounds

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrCleaner30

I had an LCP and yes its normal. It's a sub $300 pocket gun; the integrity of the pistol is not 100% sound...

I just bought my new Ruger LCP from Bill's Outpost, great guys over there. Love the looks and feel of the little gun but I noticed that the magazine moves around a lot. I have not shot it yet but I'm worried that this is not supposed to be this way. It "jiggles" a ton! Has anyone else experienced this?
I had an LCP and yes its normal. It's a sub $300 pocket gun; the integrity of the pistol is not 100% sound...

The mag wiggle is normal. I never noticed because mine stays loaded. To say the pistol isn't sound though is total hogwash. It's not a Sig, but has proven to be a very reliable pistol. Ruger has sold a gazillion of them, and you just don't hear complaints. Mine has never missed a beat.

FWIW, I'm a little on the snobby side as pistol owners go.

Guest MrCleaner30

You can't be that snobby considering its one of the cheapest 380 pistols you can buy for the money...If you had a Seecamp or Rohrbaugh in the $1000 range then maybe heh...

The mag wiggle is normal. I never noticed because mine stays loaded. To say the pistol isn't sound though is total hogwash. It's not a Sig, but has proven to be a very reliable pistol. Ruger has sold a gazillion of them, and you just don't hear complaints. Mine has never missed a beat.

FWIW, I'm a little on the snobby side as pistol owners go.

You can't be that snobby considering its one of the cheapest 380 pistols you can buy for the money...If you had a Seecamp or Rohrbaugh in the $1000 range then maybe heh...

Why would I spend $1000 to shoot a little popcorn fart round like a .380? The LCP is fine for that caliber. It's reliable, and I'll never wear it out. There are brands of pistols I won't buy, and price is seldom a driving force when I buy a pistol. I'm not H&K snobby :poop:, but the LCP shares the safe with at least LEO grade pistols.

Guest MrCleaner30

LOL I know I wouldn't spend that kinda jack thats for sure on a pocket pistol...maybe on a sweet 1911 instead. Price is def one of the main factors for me. I'd never spend a ton of money on a gun just b/c its reliable lol. You can get a Glock and save yourself alot of money for the reliability factor.

LOL I know I wouldn't spend that kinda jack thats for sure on a pocket pistol...maybe on a sweet 1911 instead. Price is def one of the main factors for me. I'd never spend a ton of money on a gun just b/c its reliable lol. You can get a Glock and save yourself alot of money for the reliability factor.

I have a Glock, but it makes a big bulge in my pocket :poop:. The grip sticks out too. All my defense caliber pistols are extremely reliable, and that includes the LCP. I don't see the point in shooting thousands of rounds of .380. I have other guns for that.

You probably can't even feel the recoil after shooting all those fire breathin' hoglegs you've been shooting lately :D

It isn't bad at all in my opinion. I put about another box of ammo through it today. That makes several hundred rounds now with nary a hiccup. I'm not that great of a pistol shot, and I can shoot the LCP nearly as well as some full size guns. For less than 3 bills, you can't beat em.

It isn't bad at all in my opinion. I put about another box of ammo through it today. That makes several hundred rounds now with nary a hiccup. I'm not that great of a pistol shot, and I can shoot the LCP nearly as well as some full size guns. For less than 3 bills, you can't beat em.

Mine doesn't bother me either. The girlfriend doesn't like it. We both hit ok with it.