What's your favorite movie/TV quote or catch phrase?

OK so I'm a big movie and TV guy and I'm always quoting stuff so I thought this might be a fun twist on the "favorite movie/show/song" threads.

It can be funny, inspirational, tough, cool, even a scene of dialogue.

One of my favorites, to start, is from Batman Begins.

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so now that my coffee went places it wasn't designed for... lol! Thanks, Punisher!!

Lol brother I'm telling you I can be having a terrible day and I'll play that clip on YouTube and it always makes me laugh. Slim just sounds so genuinely ticked off lmao

Blazing Saddles has got to be one of the most quotable movies of all time.

"What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here? I hired you boys to lay some track, not dance around like a bunch of kansas city f---ots."

"No, durnburn it! I said the sheriff's a ni(BONG)!" :D

2010 version: "No, durnburn it! I said the president's a ni(BONG)!" :D

that made me LOL. i'd forgotten about that line.

another great one from that movie is:

"Excuse me while I whip this out." as he reaches down the front of his pants.

Guest Bronker

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

"I'll say this, you're the type of man that it's pleasure to hang. If all you can talk is guff...go talk it to the devil!"

"Show me a man that won't cheat for a poke, and I'll show you one that don't want one bad enough."

"I just remember what a good companion Jake was at suppertime. And he still would've been...if we hadn't hung 'im"

"You boys better calm down, or you're gonna give yourself the drizzles!"

I CAN GO ALL DAY!!!!

Brought to you by the greatest film ever produced...Lonesome Dove.

800%20lonesome%20dove%20blu-ray10.jpg

Connor: Now you will receive us.

Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.

Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.

Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.

Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.

Murphy: With every breath we shall hunt them down.

Connor: Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.

Murphy: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.

Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.

Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.

Yakavetta: Vaffanculo

Connor: That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: In nomine Patri.

Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: Et Fili.

Connor, Murphy: Spiritus Sancti.

"Without "Woo-Girls" what would we hear when Brown-Eyed Girl comes on the jukebox?... Silence... aaannnd Brown-Eyed Girl." -Barney, How I Met Your Mother

"I'd guess that was a little less cordial than he's used to." -Nobleman Mornay, Braveheart

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can." -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"What do you need?"

"Guns. Lots and lots of guns." -Tank and Neo, The Matrix

Mac