24/7 G2

Guest HHB

Has anyone seen these new pistols coming out from Taurus. I really like the looks of them but the only problem is they are not out yet. I called Taurus today and they said it should be out "later this year". Good thing there is only a couple of months left. If you haven't seen them go check them out.

Taurus 2010 What's New Catalog

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I understand about the "strike two trigger". If you have a round that fails to go bang then you have a DA pull on the trigger to fire the round. This is what I understand from what I have read. I believe it is the same for the current 24/7's as well. I really like the looks of that new G2 though, plus I can get one for about 360 bucks on base at the BX.

Here is what I understand about the "strike two trigger". If you have a round that fails to go bang then you have a DA pull on the trigger to fire the round. This is what I understand from what I have read. I believe it is the same for the current 24/7's as well. I really like the looks of that new G2 though, plus I can get one for about 360 bucks on base at the BX.

Interesting ... but then again, i find it odd that a manufacturer would assume a FTF ... Isn't the goal to manufacture a weapon that doesn't FTF?

DA/SA triggers are my fav,if its anything like a SIG ...

yeah ... sigs DA/SA is pretty sweet ...

Interesting ... but then again, i find it odd that a manufacturer would assume a FTF ... Isn't the goal to manufacture a weapon that doesn't FTF?

Ammunition fails. You have to clear it or hit it again.

It芒鈧劉s a Taurus... I'm just saying. :tinfoil:

I really like the idea of the trigger. Anything to make the weapon go bang faster if a round fails is alright with me. I will definitely be picking one up................if I can sell my PT 111 that is.

I doubt very much that it can hold 15+1 .40 rounds in a subcompact frame. There is no way unless they learned to triple stack bullets or something crazy like that. Look at a G27...9+1 that's about the maximum for that length of grip.

If it's like a 709 trigger wise, it might be pretty good. If it's anything like the Milleniums...pass.

I believe that when you buy one it comes with two mags. I know that in the catalog it says the compact .45 holds 12+1 but on buds it says 6+1. So I figure you get a standard and an extended mag.

Looking at the trigger it is nothing like the Mil Pro trigger. Although when you get used to the take up I didn't think the Mil Pro trigger was bad. I am hoping that they are pretty slim since it is a single stack.

I talked to Taurus again yesterday (this time I talked to a man) and they said it would be closer to Christmas before these will be out.

I was looking in that catalog a little further and the 800 series compacts that are coming out look pretty nice as well.

I had a Taurus 24/7 Compact and loved it. Best feeling gun in my hand and it packed a mean punch at either 13+1 or 17+1. Only problem is that it wasn't accurate at all.

I would give them another chance one day though. That's a nice looking pistol.

The double strike trigger is based on how the vast majority of people react to a FTF.... they pull the trigger again. Most people don't practice tap/rack/bang enough to make it instinct (likely me included). The instinct, particularly under stress, is to simply pull the trigger again.

I like trigger on my PT145. Sure, it's no Les Baer custom 1911, but I don't expect it to be either.

Guest 10mm4me

Taurus copies everyone else, why not the XD? These are the same old junk on the inside w/a new exterior. I believe the expression is "lipstick on a pig". I bought one Taurus a while back to try them and it was the biggest POS ever!!! There are a dozen guns, for the same money, that are way better for me to buy into this stuff.

Taurus copies everyone else, why not the XD? These are the same old junk on the inside w/a new exterior. I believe the expression is "lipstick on a pig". I bought one Taurus a while back to try them and it was the biggest POS ever!!! There are a dozen guns, for the same money, that are way better for me to buy into this stuff.

mostly agree with you. The Taurus I HAD was great but I understand they aren't that highly thought of overall. I would own another one day if they came out with something I really liked.

I will say this, while their quality is questionable the have hands down the best ergonomics. If they one day are as reliable as other manufacturers they will have a hell of a gun.

your last statement is a little off though. You won't find a brand new XD for $375. Not even close. But I do see your point.

Personally, I have had no problems out of any of the four Taurus pistols that I have owned over the past 20 years. I had the 24/7 in 9mm with the 5 in barrel. It was very accurate and had zero reliability issues with all of the ammo I used. I loaned it to a family member because I didn't like the feel of the trigger. That 2 strike trigger has a lot of take up before it engages. I simply didn't like it, especially after comparing it to a buddy's M&P 9. I currently have a Tracker revolver in .22 that is an awesome plinker, especially with the crimson trace grips I put on it. The new 24/7 pistols look great, I just wish that the 2 strike trigger was an option. There are a lot of other good looking guns in that new catalog also. The polymer snub revolvers look great and the Raging Bull / Judge revolver also is an impressive looking hand cannon. I would not hesitate to buy Taurus due to quality based on my experience.