Ok I need some help

I have been reading up on wma's lately and catoosa looks like the place to go for deer/boar. Here is my question, I keep seeing quota and non quota hunts and I can't find the definition anywhere. Can somebody help me out? Is it draw hunt only? Thanks for the help guys.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I have always had good luck with just calling my regional TWRA office and asking them questions. Their website has some great info, but it can be really confusing about the WMA's and other public hunting areas.

O yeah I know about that, really though thanks for all the help guys I don't really have anyone else to ask these questions too. And yeah the website is very confusing when it comes to wma info. My father was a big hunter but he passed away in a boating accident out on Douglas when I was still a baby. He's one of the main reasons I'm trying to hey into hunting, I'm hoping to take my first deer with his rifle.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Mdunntn - it seems like a daunting task but if you just keep asking around you will eventually find a landowner that will give you permission to hunt. in my opinion that is WAY better than hunting public land.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Mdunntn - Often times land owners consider whitetail deer to be a nuisance, damage to their crops etc... It could be as simple as finding some property that looks like it might have deer, presenting yourself well and asking if you can hunt DOE'S. If you get permission, then if you handle yourself well in time you might be able to buck hunt.