ar-15 lower

Guest buttonhook

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Armgdnman

you need to decide what kind of rifle you want to build. Endless decisions on whether you want to make it a long barrelled accuracy rifle with the Hubble Telescope on top of it or a CQB gun or ....... The possibilities are infinite and there in lies the greatness and the horror of AR's.

Assuming its a stripped lower (I know about assumptions) Forgive me if this is too "Sesame Street" for you becuase I dont know your level of experience around AR's.

A DPMS lower parts kit from JSEsurplus.com for $46 and some furniture (i.e buttstock and pistol grip). Then you will have what is called in some circles, a "complete" lower.

Guest Armgdnman
Same set up I am buying in a few weeks.

Magpul Mil spec MOE Stock with buffer tube assembly

Magpul MOE Grip

Magpul MOE Trigger Guard

Daniel Defense lower parts kit

$149.00

MOE Lower build kit

You sir, are "the HEAT". Thats exactly what I have been looking for. I was going to order the MOE kit from DSGArms.com and a DPMS parts kit from JSESurplus.com for about the same price BEFORE shipping. Since I am going to put a quad rail on it I dont need the MOE handguards. A kinda cheaper way of doing things. Thanks!

Edited by Armgdnman
Guest buttonhook

I bought the DMPS "complete" lower minus the stock, buffer, and spring. and I'm not looking for a 12 mile moa rifle. but I would like it to be accurate. It's going to be more of a toy :) I would like to be able to shoot both 5.56 and .223 and I KNOW ALMOST NOTHING about AR's

do I want a1, a2, a3, or a4 uppers?

Edited by buttonhook
Guest Armgdnman

From everything i have read, you want a 5.56 chambered rifle, becuase it will shoot both 5.56 and .223 ammo. Yes its the exact same size but supposedly the 5.56mm ammo (mil surplus) is a little bit "hotter" (higher chamber pressure 52,000psi if my post briefing memory serves me correctly) than average .223. IMHO get it chambered in 5.56mm.

As for the upper, IMHO (again) get a "flat top" upper to add more optic flexibility to your rifle. I have always seen them called A3's.

Guest buttonhook

thanks but they are out of stock...........but they are offering some options...what do they mean to me? for example (a4 upper/m4 feed ramps or a2 upper style), (badger tac latch 1/2 or med or large latch),

Edited by buttonhook
Guest Armgdnman

its all in preference. I myself would select the

A4 upper with M4 feed ramps

Standard charging handle

Standard A2 Flash hider

Standard black handguards

Guest buttonhook

ok I got a magpul MOA stock buffer tube spring and buffer. Will I need to buy takedown pins or will the lower/upper come with those?

I'm specing out the upper with

m4 feed ramps

gen 2 latch

5m2 comp/brake

magpul moe (black)

Edited by buttonhook