Carry or not?

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

I tried the search but had no luck so I will keep this short and sweet.

The wife and I are going to take a trip to both the Dickel and Jack Daniel's distilleries. Can I carry or not at them?

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead
Call them and ask. That is what I always do if I have any concerns.

Dolomite

-1...I tried that with the Frist Museum. Talked to a very Liberal, gun-fearing, intellectual type who said that guns were NOT allowed under ANY circumstance and that even the police have to disarm before entering the museum. I went armed as usual but left my gun in the car. I was pretty sure the Blow Hard that I talked to on the phone was lying after the comment about the police having to disarm, but you just never know. There was not a single posting, not even a Gun Buster. I asked a security guard about it and he said that there was no reason I couldn't carry in there.

Or go armed. If they have signs posted, you can either leave your weapon in your car, or just leave.

+10...If the Fam and I go somewhere that I am not sure about, then I will carry until I see postings to the contrary. If the location is posted I will return to the car and lock it in the lock box in the car. Just be sure to look everywhere on and around the entrance before proceeding in.

Guest 270win

I follow the rules of Slick Willie. Don't Ask Don't Tell. If you ask, you'll probably be told no. No one is going to tell you "Sure you can carry your gun here". If you have a permit, there is no need in asking someone permission in Tennessee. You got your permission and paid your money from the state. As long as you are following the law, don't worry about it. Keep your gun concealed. If you ask, these silly business owners may stick up some sort of sign at all entrances that could be legally binding. It is really not worth it. What is the point of asking someone permission for something that they don't know that is concealed? What they don't know about won't hurt them. If you are afraid someone will find out, practice on concealing and get a good quality holster and dress around the gun and rig.

Yes, I have carried at the Frist Museum in Nashville. I didn't have the chance to talk to the liberal hippy artist to tell me not to carry my gun because I didn't ask. The hippies at the Frist Museum had no idea I was carrying my snub just like people at Kroger have no idea I'm carrying my snub.

If it makes you feel any better, I've carried my snub into baseball games and concerts where the people at the gates halfway look at people (most are asleep on the job) to see if they are sneaking liquor in. I've never had a problem walking past and no one notices my gun. I'd have to walk into a metal detector to be found with my gun.

Edited by 270win
Guest Phantom6
-1...I tried that with the Frist Museum. Talked to a very Liberal, gun-fearing, intellectual type who said that guns were NOT allowed under ANY circumstance and that even the police have to disarm before entering the museum. I went armed as usual but left my gun in the car. I was pretty sure the Blow Hard that I talked to on the phone was lying after the comment about the police having to disarm, but you just never know. There was not a single posting, not even a Gun Buster. I asked a security guard about it and he said that there was no reason I couldn't carry in there.

If I called to inquire and the asshat on the other end of the phone told me that even the police had to disarm prior to entering their facility I'd have to think that they were full of s*%t and carry anyway until I ran up against either a metal detector or a proper posting.

You won't need one at the Jack Daniels distillery but I would not go anywhere near Monteagle unarmed...........just kidding. My prefferance is George Dickle. It has a nice woody flavor without the peppery after taste of Jack Daniels. I think it's their cold filtering. Jack Daniels is the largest exporter in the US. People all over the world drink Jack. People in Tennessee drink either one or the other.

Sometimes I go places unarmed but not often.

Should be able to carry at both places. I grew up between George and Jack, never seen an anti-gun sign. But that could have changed since I last visited there.

Carry if you want, if posted leave in car( but hide it). Or carry and just don't let anyone know about it. Concealed is concealed.

Monteagle isn't bad, But i only visit there when i go atving( and yes I carry when I ride).

+10...If the Fam and I go somewhere that I am not sure about, then I will carry until I see postings to the contrary. If the location is posted I will return to the car and lock it in the lock box in the car. Just be sure to look everywhere on and around the entrance before proceeding in.

She was definitely full o' the crap. There is no way an (f)art museum is going to tell the police they have to disarm.

She was definitely full o' the crap. There is no way an (f)art museum is going to tell the police they have to disarm.

They may not would, buy the could...sort of.

If a LEO is not on duty or doesn't have a legal reason to be there, it is still private property and the owner can ask anyone (LEO or not) to leave. However if they allow him in, they can't make him disarm.