Norinco AK- Mac 90 Sporter

Guest Plainsman

Guest Plainsman

I'm in the market for an AK. The wealth of knowledge on the internet often seems to contradict itself as to what brand one should buy and its worth. I now have an opportunity to purchase the above said rifle from a friend who is asking $700. The rifle is chambered for 7.62x39 and is in good condition. It has a few nicks in the blueing on the mag release and on the takedown "button", but otherwise looks good. He says he has not experienced any malfunctions in the 120 rounds he's had it. Its stock looks to be the dragonuv style, and IMHO is terribly ugly. All the internals look to be in good condition and it looks to have good features like a chrome lined bore, stainless bolt and carrier, smooth trigger, etc. The front sight looks like it may have been canted slightly and was fixed by the person who owned it before him. The only consistent thing I could find out about this rifle is that none of the Chinese made AKs are imported anymore, which I suspect would increase their value over time. Doesn't look like there are many for sale on the net to compare pricing either. His looks to be imported in 1993, per serial number. Any opinions on this rifle would be appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats way way way to much money for that rifle unless its a milled reciever and then its still to much money for what you are actually getting, they are great guns however I just recently sold one of mine for $350 I heard there was one at a local gun shop recently for mid 3's as well cant remember where though. The MAK 90's are suppose to be better made than the average ak you can find at the local gun shops these days thicker barrel,thicker reciever yada yada. Some of them were imported with the FA 3 hole recievers so be sure that the one you purchase is not one of those. I would just stay on gunbroker and you will end up snagging one for a good deal.

Here is one brand new in box sitting at $515 on gunbroker with 3 hrs left now it might end up going sky high at the last second but ya never know until you try

Brand New Norinco Mak-90 7.62x39 AK-47 AK47 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Guest no_masters

like they said. 700 is far too much for a Norinco, especially if you don't even like how they look. 48 south is right. just hunt on gunbroker and you will find a far better deal online. I waited it out and found my Maadi on there for a great price. If you are going to swap out the stocks or anything keep the 922r in mind. I've always heard Norinco's have the best feeling fcg's so I would stay away from changing that out. Ak theakforum and akfiles are two excellent forums. lurk around there to get more information.

hope this helps.

Guest Plainsman

Well, I've found your responses to be correct, that this is too much. I've passed on the deal and have decided to wait until a better deal comes along. I've never bought a firearm off of gunbroker before, or any online store for that matter, so I'm a little skeptical about the whole process.

Thanks for the insight fellas. I'll keep my eyes open for a Norinco at a better price.