Best Optic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I'm looking to replace my eotechs with a new optic. I love the eotech, but as stated in my classified ads trying to sell them, my eye sight makes the dot look fuzzy. So what's another good optic? Reason(s) you like it? Thanks!....

Johnny:______________

I'm an old guy with a bit of nearsightedness and have the same problem myself. When i looked at the EOtec reticle i saw distinct dots of light that made up the reticle and it aggravated me too. I wanted to see what we all see when we look at an optical scope reticle. I was about to put the "pooey" on the eotech when i read in the eotech literature somewhere that if the reticle looks too bright or funny to you (...they called it "blooming" ---i think...); you just turn the brightness down a bit until it is almost translucent (...read that as almost clear with a good red tint (...you can still see it well...)) and the dots seem to go away. I tried it, and it works much better for me. It seems to blend the clusters of dots i was seeing into a more uniform shape, just like the old time scope reticle. I would recommend trying this along with using both eyes to line up the sights.

I'm like M14Man; i believe that if you cant get used to the eotech reticle; you wont like the aimpoint or trijicon reticles either. They all seem to work on the same principle.

Take a look, see what ya think, and let us know what ya decide.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!!!
Guest DanE479

Trijicon does not work on the same principles ae the aimpoint and Eotech. Trijicon optics are not electronic; they use tritium and fiber optics to illuminate the reticle whereas Eotech and Aimpoint use a very low powered laser to form the reticles. The aimpoint might work better for the OP's vision because it is a single point source dot whereas the Eotech is a single point source that is split into the image by a set of lenses and filters (If I understand the Eotech literature correctly. I might have the exact meathod wrong) that generates the donut and dot reticle, and that could be what is making the reticle fuzzy.

In the OP's case, I'd reccomend a Trijicon reflex if he wants a non-magnified optic, and one of the many different ACOG models for magnification (I am really jonesing on the new micro ACOGs with the green reticles. One of them might find its way onto my AR soon...).