Food in Hendersonville

I've noticed that about any thread that specifically mentions Hendersonville seems to wind up talking about food. ;) So, why don't we just do that? :eek:

Personally, going to Cheddars ruined me on restaurants around the area. "Better" food is twice the cost, and cheaper food is nowhere near the quality.

Papa's Pizza and Subs (something like that), in the strip mall next to Maple Motors has a good cheese steak.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheddars, are they good? we are getting one in Mount Juliet and I have never ate at one

Cheddars is better quality than Logans or Chilis, but not quite 'fine dining'. They're cheaper than Logans/ Chilis/ Longhorn, too. Without a doubt, they're my favorite all around restaurant. You can get better food at Ruth's Chris, The Palm, etc, but that's fine dining and priced accordingly. You can get cheaper, similar food at Logans, etc, but the portions are smaller, the quality is not as good, and the cost is more.

Cheddars is better quality than Logans or Chilis, but not quite 'fine dining'. They're cheaper than Logans/ Chilis/ Longhorn, too. Without a doubt, they're my favorite all around restaurant. You can get better food at Ruth's Chris, The Palm, etc, but that's fine dining and priced accordingly. You can get cheaper, similar food at Logans, etc, but the portions are smaller, the quality is not as good, and the cost is more.

Sounds good to me, we will most definitely be eating there that is my kind of restraunt thanks!

My picks:

For the usual, Chop House, Chilli's, Red Robin, Casa Vieja (good Mexican), September's (pricey) Black Eyed Pea, Brixx Pizza etc.. For just sandwich's, Jersey Mike's, Jimmy John's, Whichwhich, Itty Bitty Sandwhich.

Blue Goose for breakfast.

Wings and beers............BWW or Tilted Kilt! ;)

Wings and beers............BWW or Tilted Kilt! :eek:

What is BWW?

I've heard a bit about the Tilted Kilt ;), a guy at work was talking about the $12.00 hamburger. :doh:

Who has the best cheese steak in the area? Papa's is pretty good, as is Cheddars. Cheddars puts whole mushrooms in theirs, which I've grown to like. They could use more cheese, though.

La Loma in front of KMart in an old Pizza hut building. Best Mexican in town. Order a draft beer and they ask big or little. LOL BIG! Grande!

I am from NJ so when Knead Dough opened and said NYC style pizza I was excited. Until we ate there. My brother is in town from Rochester(mom has cancer) and he ate there and thought it was good. May have to give another try.

That Sicilian pizza place in front of the bowling alley was horrible.

Always up for a slow boat to Cherokee. They do not sell booze. Says no coolers on the door but it is more of a guideline than a rule.

I am from NJ so when Knead Dough opened and said NYC style pizza I was excited. Until we ate there. My brother is in town from Rochester(mom has cancer) and he ate there and thought it was good. May have to give another try.

It's not great, but it ain't bad. Big ole slice for three dollars, but I'd consider it about average quality. Their selling point, to me, was the quanitity instead of the quality of food. It's not bad by any means, but it does come across as just another pizza. Nothing jumped out at me.

Of course, that's only my opinion. :D

Chain restaurants is #2 behind retail stores with fleets of scooters and seas of "handicap" parking spaces for morbidly obese people on my list of least favorite things about living in the south.

That said, Cafe Rakka is amazing, fresh ingredients and an honest-to-goodness chef on the premises, do yourself a favor and try it sometime before their feature on Food Network runs and it gets harder to get a table, more expensive, or both. Chances are that if a restaurant has pictures of how their dishes are supposed to look on their menu (and it's not Chinese take-out) it's going to kind of suck IMO, Magiano's doesn't have pictures on theirs...

My Fav Places in Hendersonville:

1. Cheddars

2. Fulin's

3. Caraba's

4. Qdoba

5. Septembers is "alright" Go on Monday's and everything is 50% off. If you bring in a ticket stub ANY day of the week, its buy 1 entree, get 1 free. So, there is a way to stay on the cheap when you go there :D They just don't tend to advertise much, so no one knows!

6. Brick's Pizza -- What can I say, love the variety of beers on tap

Places I Don't Like:

1. Black Eyed Pea

2. Demo's

3. O Charlies