Need some gun help for the girlfriend

Il Duce

She is wanting a gun and loves the .40 as well as the 1911. I have not been able to find much on the 1911 aside from a CZ Dan Wesson that was 1100 and we are not wanting to spend that much right now. I have found some 1911esque in the form of the CZ 75 and the Taurus PT940. Does anyone else know of any others or if the ones I posted are any good?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She doesnt want a 9mm unless she has to settle and she doesnt like the recoil she says of the 45 and likes the 40 for some unknown reason

Get her a 9mm and be done with it - there are more options, and honestly, why a 1911 for her? I understand that she "likes" the look of it, but what other reasoning is there? Get her an M&P9C or something...

Edited by Moody
I can't speel
She doesnt want a 9mm unless she has to settle and she doesnt like the recoil she says of the 45 and likes the 40 for some unknown reason

Maybe she has done some homework and found out that the .40 is the best defense caliber available.

hey Chris, do you have a 9mm that she could borrow one day at the range when we are up there? id like her to shoot one before we jump into it.

Yeah, I actually do. I can bring up two different 9mm handguns - one is a Sig SP2022, which is something that I just bought to get rid of another gun (it's a good gun, honestly), and I have a Smith and Wesson Pro 9, which is a 1911-framed deal, that she can shoot (it's not a carry, though, so that may be pointless). The rest - I've only got 45 stuff.

She can rent an assortment of 9mm, and more specifically, M&P stuff, at G&L - they've always got alot in that cabinet near the register.

She is wanting a gun and loves the .40 as well as the 1911. I have not been able to find much on the 1911 aside from a CZ Dan Wesson that was 1100 and we are not wanting to spend that much right now. I have found some 1911esque in the form of the CZ 75 and the Taurus PT940. Does anyone else know of any others or if the ones I posted are any good?

Thanks in advance.

40 has more recoil than the 9 and 45 and she prefers that ?

Im puzzled......But Id let her try out a SIG,maybe a 229 its not a 1911 but its a solid heavier type gun and they come in 40.......Id avoid Taurus too many warranty issues for my tastes

Guest Sgt. Joe
I would suggest a 92 for her if she likes the 40 , check out this Taurus , its the one I have .

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

15f62k3.jpg

That thing dont look very safe Bro, You best just send it to me so I can make sure for ya;) I will even pay shipping to help ya out. Anything for a Brother ya know:)

I was also going to mention the Walther GGP, but you said she wanted heavy and the PPS is a pretty light gun, although a very good one IMO.

I know I dont need to tell you but letting them have what they want makes ones life much easier.:):):love::D

• Moderators

Get her whatever gun she wants and has picked out herself. You really don't get much of a say at all in this one. To think and act otherwise is to needlessly spend money only to take the hit when you sell it to get the one she really wants.

Trust me, I know.

She is wanting a gun and loves the .40 as well as the 1911. I have not been able to find much on the 1911 aside from a CZ Dan Wesson that was 1100 and we are not wanting to spend that much right now. I have found some 1911esque in the form of the CZ 75 and the Taurus PT940. Does anyone else know of any others or if the ones I posted are any good?.

Guns and Leather had a used CZ-75 for around $400 earlier in the week that someone must've really appreciated, had an SA trigger that would shock most 1911-purists, just awesome, and the DA was as good or better than the best revolvers I've felt (actually convinced me to finally pick up an SP-01). They also had good prices on a couple P-01's too I believe, which might be better for carry do to their size and the decocker.

Recently I've become quite the CZ believer, it's pretty amazing how good you can make 'em without too much effort, my SP-01 breaks like a glass-rod in SA at around 3lbs with zero creep, and DA is smooth as butter at about 6-7lbs, all DIY based off of info posted on czforum.com.

Sure, they're 9mm's, not .40's like the tough guys all like so much, but light-years better than any Taurus, you do want her to stay your girlfriend right...