With the recent Stoney River success

I have decided to write another prominant chain of restaurants in the area. OSI Restaurant partnership is responsible for the Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Flemming's and Roy's.

Concerned by the fact that not all of these restaurants are posted to prevent firearms I suspect that individual managers are making these decisions and not the corporate management. This is the same way the manager of the Stoney River restaurant acting.

So I have sent this:

Several of your Outback Steakhouse restaurants in Tennessee have “No Firearms†signs posted. I do not believe that preventing the legal carry of firearms in your restaurants by patrons is corporate policy. I base this on the fact that several other restaurants of yours that I regularly eat at do not have the same signs preventing firearms. By putting up these signs it is apparent the managers either have a personal agenda or are unaware of your corporate policy regarding the legal carrying of firearms in your restaurants. Either way, the managers are preventing many, who where once loyal customers, from entering.

I understand the managers are trying to protect the patrons. But putting up signs preventing firearms from entering only prevents those who follow the law, and not the armed criminals, from entering. A criminal intent on doing harm to your patrons will not respect the manager’s wishes. A criminal is not going to abide by a posted sign at the entrance of the restaurant. The criminal is not going to have a change of heart when they see the sign. If anything these signs only serves as a beacon to these armed criminals that they will be met with less resistance within your restaurants that do prohibit firearms.

Firearms are not inherently dangerous, nor are those that are legally allowed to carry them. A holstered firearm is no more dangerous than a cell phone in your pocket. And as a matter of fact, most patrons would never know another patron was even armed. And just to make you aware, every handgun carry permit holder in Tennessee has undergone an in depth background criminal investigation. They have also had extensive training in the use their firearm and have been tested with it to ensure their competency. This is all done prior receiving the authority to carry a firearm in public.

If these Outback Steakhouse restaurants that posted signs are in line with your corporate policy I will no longer be a patron at any of the Outback Steakhouse restaurants I frequent or any of your other fine restaurants. Your consideration as well as a response would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

I went here and went to the realestate part of the drop down menu. It and the gift card selections where the only ones with a box for comments.

Maybe we can get the same success with the various restaurants under OSI that we did with Stoney River.

Dolomite

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Job

I no longer dine at Outback because of their new policy. I use to buy several hundred dollars of their giftcards to hand out during the Holidays...I will stop that as well. I will take my business elsewhere until they change their policy.

That's an excellent and well-worded letter, Dolomite. To be successful with any such letter-writing campaign, keeping it polite and businesslike, and making solid points helping them understand the real situation is the way to win.

Keep in mind the poor corporate restaurant people are only trying to make money selling food and beverages and really don't want to get mixed up in politics and controversy. I feel sorry for them getting pressured by the Gun Free Dining people on one side to post no-guns signs or lose THEIR business, and then from us saying if they don't take the signs down they'll lose OUR business. They (and we) are victims in the current battle over individual constitutional rights.

Guest broncobuddha

Weird. Every Outback I've been to in Knoxville is posted, but improperly. No gunbusters sign and no sign on the outer door. Rather, on the wall behind the hostess stand that separates the bar from the entrance has the old law on it.

Guest Drewsett
Weird. Every Outback I've been to in Knoxville is posted, but improperly. No gunbusters sign and no sign on the outer door. Rather, on the wall behind the hostess stand that separates the bar from the entrance has the old law on it.

TN ABC still requires the old old sign with the red lettering from WAAAY back in the day, it has to be up in every restaurant as far as I know.