I am TGO, Hear me Roar!

Guest Drewsett

Guest Drewsett

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have excellent news.

The gunbuster sign that was put up on my restaurant (Stoney River Cool Springs) on Monday came down today (Wednesday).

As was noted in the previous thread, http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/46785-theres-something-rotten-state-tennessee.html, it was just the manager being taken in by Rayburn's letter that caused the restaurant to post. Thanks to the emails from several members here, the gunbuster has now come down, and Stoney River is NOT POSTED.

Major thanks are in order to all of you that sent emails to Stoney River corporate. Your guns, and your business, are welcome!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks goes out to all of you who decided to contact corporate and voice your opinion regarding this.

What needs to happen now is for us to use this small victory as motivation for us to change the status of another establishment. Corporations will listen and I believe that in the economy we are in right now most would be willing to accomodate almost any group of people for more revenue.

Anyone have any ideas of what the next conquest should be?

Dolomite

Maybe we should target one a week. If a week's worth of e-mails and calls bombarding them doesn't do it, we move on.

Sounds like a plan. I just emailed the corporation that manages Outback Steakhouse about some restaurants being posted.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/46896-recent-stoney-river-success.html#post612615

Dolomite

Guest DMasterson

I think we can continue to have success in this arena. Unfortunately for our opposition on this issue, we've got sense and reason working for us instead of irrational fear.

I for one am going to go to this restaurant as soon and as often as possible to thank them for making this decision!

I agree.

Even though it was the manager that posted and corporate that reversed the decision, I would still be polite and thankful to the manager. Don't give him a reason to complain to corporate about HCP holders.

Guest Drewsett

I'm not even going to bring it up when I go to work. The last thing I need is to see the posting go down and then get fired because he didn't like that I asked about it.

Also, there are several managers, not all of whom feel the way the one who posted did. Since you have no idea how to determine which manager it was, hopefully no one will be a jackhole to any of them.

Heck to be honest, I don't even know that anyone should call attention to themselves. Concealed for a reason, no? If he wants to be a restaurant without guns, why draw his attention to ones that do come into the restaurant?

Here is the response I got from corporate:

Dear Mr. Supafly,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do appreciate our guests’ comments and concerns. Please know the signage you refer to at our Cool Springs location was not company approved, therefore it has since been removed.

Thank you again.

Patty Kennedy

Guest Relations

O'Charley's Inc.

Stoney River Legendary Steaks

Ninety Nine Restaurants

3038 Sidco Drive

Nashville, TN 37204

Dolomite

Dear Mr. Supafly....

:up::rofl::rofl:

Tell me that was your edit and you didn't actually contact them as "Mr. Supafly"

My edit but maybe I will start just to keep my real name out of the mix.

I probably need to because I complained about a manager at a store once. Corporate called me then contacted the manager I was complaining about. Within 24 hours my cell phone was ringing off the wall with telemarketers. I called corporate back and they assured me it was coincidence but for the previous 5 years I had not received any and since telling all the telemarketers to stop I have not received any. Too much of a coincidence for me.

So from now on my pen name will be Dolomite Supafly

Dolomite