This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine!

andersmg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 6.8 is hanging on Joe's wall at Hero Gear, nice caliber! I also have a .204 Ruger upper and if you deer hunt, a .458 Socom upper. No modifications needed to the lower you already have for either upper. There are lots more calibers coming out now. The AR platform is fantastic to tailor your weapon to your target! The fun is only beginning.

Sorry guys I been watching tv all night and just got back on here. I got the lower from Shawn, he is a newbie here on the board, goes by tnrobocop, picked it up the other day at the Jackson gun show, I bought the rifle kit from here:

http://akpartskits.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_8&products_id=280&osCsid=3fdd0c4b5e9af01657fa1cc0b7d8ec69

I am still waiting on my optics, mags, stock saddle and vertical handguard handle to finish it off and then I will go shoot it to see how it runs, a good friend of mine built a kit from the same outfit and he loves it, especially for the price.

Guest bkelm18
Sorry guys I been watching tv all night and just got back on here. I got the lower from Shawn, he is a newbie here on the board, goes by tnrobocop, picked it up the other day at the Jackson gun show, I bought the rifle kit from here:

http://akpartskits.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_8&products_id=280&osCsid=3fdd0c4b5e9af01657fa1cc0b7d8ec69

I am still waiting on my optics, mags, stock saddle and vertical handguard handle to finish it off and then I will go shoot it to see how it runs, a good friend of mine built a kit from the same outfit and he loves it, especially for the price.

Damn, that is a pretty damn good price. I'm not going to get near enough with my tax return this year for the 4 or 5 guns I'm wanting to buy... :P

Wow, what a deal! If you got the forward vertical grip for under $25, I think you may have just assembled the least expensive EBR I've seen in a while, at least with a DMPS lower.

No go out and shoot that thing and tell us all about it!

I took it out and shot it today, about 30 rounds or so, (Wolf ammo) no malfunctions whatsoever with the weapon, the optics and ammo however will need some attention. I think the mounts for the scope are sub par to say the least so I will be changing them and buy some better quality ammo to try it out again. I was trying to set the scope today, at 25 yds I shot a nice group, but then when I moved to 50 and 150 I shot no group at all, I was still on the traget, 14"x14" but no grouping at all. I will try the changes I have noted here and let yall know how it does then.

Wolf is plinking or spraying zombies ammo. You won't get real consistent groups from it. Get a box of American factory and you'll see a difference. If your optics are wiggling, spend some dough on good rings and rock solid mounts! You don't have to go Larue or anything but don't go Tapco or those other no names. Wilson Combat has a fantastic scope mount for flat top ARs. GGG or Yankee Hill are the best for the money below Larue type quality.