There's Something Rotten in the State of Tennessee

Guest Drewsett

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsgillmd

Slightly off tangent, but on a more positive note I caught a glimpse of a segment on the news about 10 minutes ago that showed a sign that said "Your legally concealed weapon is permitted here." or something along those lines (been busy at work and finally just sitting down). Didn't hear the words. I know we had a thread a couple of weeks ago about a restaurant that had a similar sign. It might have been about that. The news segment was called "Bring your guns."

Did any of you guys see it? Hopefully it was done in a positive enough manner to counteract some of these letters being sent out that you guys are describing.

Slightly off tangent, but on a more positive note I caught a glimpse of a segment on the news about 10 minutes ago that showed a sign that said "Your legally concealed weapon is permitted here." or something along those lines (been busy at work and finally just sitting down). Didn't hear the words. I know we had a thread a couple of weeks ago about a restaurant that had a similar sign. It might have been about that. The news segment was called "Bring your guns."

Did any of you guys see it? Hopefully it was done in a positive enough manner to counteract some of these letters being sent out that you guys are describing.

I saw that too but like you I did not see much. I think they said it is going to be on tonight at ten or tomorrow.

Guest Drewsett
I hate to hear that Stoney River has posted. It was my favorite upscale restaurant in the area.

Trust me, no one hates it more than me.

I have several regulars that carry and I know they won't be coming back. I just got a 5% pay cut at least by management making this move.

I tried to appeal to his business sense, and get him to post a "No Illegal Guns" sign, but alas, my plea fell on deaf ears.

My next move is to take this to O'Charley's corporate (since they bought Stoney). If I can convince them that such a move as posting a sign like the one I described would be a good move, then awesome. I wait on a couple of the board members fairly regularly.

My worry about that is if O'Charley's doesn't have a corporate policy on it yet, I might, by bringing it to their attention, get restaurants to post that might not have done so otherwise.

It's really too bad there isn't a pro 2A group with the kind of money Rayburn is willing to spend on this.

I am in the process of writing a long letter to corporate expressing my concerns over this. It is not corporate policy to do this or at least I don't think it is because no other restaurant I have seen has a gunbuster sign. I eat very often at one of their restaurants and if they post I will go somewhere else.

Corporate policy is one thing but a manager is obviously either too stupid to know the government didn't write the letter or is using the restaurant to support his personal views. Either way this shouldn't happen.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

Here is what I plan on sending:

Your Stoney River restaurant in Nashville has recently posted a "gunbuster" sign. I do not believe that preventing legal carry of firearms in your restaurants by patrons is corporate policy based on all the other restaurants of yours I regularly eat at. By putting up the sign it is apparent the manager either has a personal agenda or is unaware of corporate policy regarding this. Either way, he is preventing many, who where once loyal customers, from entering.

I understand he is trying to protect the patrons. But he is only preventing those who follow the law, and not the armed criminals, from entering. A criminal intent on doing harm to your patrons will not respect his wishes. A criminal is not going to abide by the sign he posted at the entrance of the restaurant. The criminal is not going to have a change of heart when they see the sign. If anything the sign only serves as a beacon to these armed criminals that they will be met with less resistance within your restaurant.

Firearms are not inherently dangerous, nor are those that are legally allowed to carry them. A holstered firearm is no more dangerous than a cell phone in your pocket. And as a matter of fact, most patrons would never know another patron was even armed. And just to make you aware, every handgun carry permit holder in Tennessee has undergone an in depth background criminal investigation. They have also had extensive training in the use their firearm and have been tested with it to ensure their competency. This is all done prior receiving the authority to carry a firearm in public.

If Stoney River restaurant’s policy is in line with corporate policy I will no longer be a patron at any of your fine restaurants. Your consideration as well as a response would be greatly appreciated in this matter.

It comes out as 1795 characters of the 1800.

Click here then hit the "click here" under the "Gather 'round the campfire". It opens another window that allows you to put in some comments. The character limit is 1800 and I had to put in the first 3 paragraphs, let it figure the character count then put in the last one.

Dolomite

Click here then hit the "click here" under the "Gather 'round the campfire". It opens another window that allows you to put in some comments. The character limit is 1800 and I had to put in the first 3 paragraphs, let it figure the character count then put in the last one.

Dolomite

Good one!

Guest DMasterson

Dolomite

It's pretty good, but you'll get bonus points if you make sure to sign it: Dolomite Superfly ;)

Guest tnxdshooter

I dont normally wish ill will upon people but rayburn is about to get my dander up. Perhaps if TFA sent him a cease and desist on those letters it might stop him?

It's pretty good, but you'll get bonus points if you make sure to sign it: Dolomite Superfly ;)

I would but that would put me over the 1800 character limit. I did use my real name though so they can see that I do frequent their restaurants often. I will cease to do so if this isn't resolved and so will our groups of friends who go there often. I am sure we are just a drop in the bucket of revenue but maybe they will see that allowing us will not keep others out yet limiting us will.

Dolomite

here is what I don't understand....

how many customers do you think they had complain because they "had not posted".... my guess, zero.

how many customers are going to complain now that they have posted....... a lot more than zero.

you would think those numbers would speak for themselves.

Guest Drewsett
here is what I don't understand....

how many customers do you think they had complain because they "had not posted".... my guess, zero.

how many customers are going to complain now that they have posted....... a lot more than zero.

you would think those numbers would speak for themselves.

I made that argument too, and I am pretty sure that's when he said "You're an extremist aren't you?"

I decided that that point that continuing to argue with him about it wasn't going to accomplish anything other than getting me fired. I need the job.

EDIT: It's funny how when faced with a logical argument that they can't refute, antis resort to name calling.

I'm sorry you were labeled an "extremist" by your employer. Maybe he needs to look up the real definition of "extremist" instead of calling legal gun carriers names.

I've added the "Stoney River" restaurants to my growing list of restaurants i will be boycotting( and telling my permit carrying friends about).

Funny thing is, in Alabama, i don't see many ( if any) "No Guns" signs at restaurants in and around Huntsville. Which i frequent more often than Nashville( simply because it is closer).

But Alabama, is not open-carry ( conceal carry only with a permit).

Funny thing is, in Alabama, i don't see many ( if any) "No Guns" signs at restaurants...

AFAIK, no legal teeth to a no-carry sign in Bama, as there is in TN.

OpenCarry.org, says Bama is an open carry friendly state.

"Open carry permitted by state law without license, but either lacks preemption or does not allow unlicensed open carry inside a vehicle."

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I'm sorry you were labeled an "extremist" by your employer. Maybe he needs to look up the real definition of "extremist" instead of calling legal gun carriers names.

I've added the "Stoney River" restaurants to my growing list of restaurants i will be boycotting( and telling my permit carrying friends about).

Funny thing is, in Alabama, i don't see many ( if any) "No Guns" signs at restaurants in and around Huntsville. Which i frequent more often than Nashville( simply because it is closer).

Along with your boycott let corporate know how you feel. If they know what is going on then maybe they will make things right. If you just stop going they will have no clue to the reason why.

Please take a few minutes and let them know so we can get this resolved. No other restaurant that they are part of has a sign posted that I have seen.

Dolomite