Anyone else dyin'??

kb4ns

I keep seeing the photos on here and other forums of everyone's harvest. I've got the bow ready to go, and I'm more than ready to go hunting, but I'm waiting on official word (permission) for a couple of spots I plan to hunt. Between that and work, it is killing me! :wall:

Anybody else dying to get out in the woods and hasn't made it yet for one reson or another? I just want to know I'm not alone!! :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First opener I have missed in lots of years. I own my own place to hunt, work just got in the way this year.

I got caught up in a company Project gone bad, got seconded to a sister firm and spent the whole dang summer in Mt. Vernon, AL. (I believe that is the most miserable place I have ever been assigned to!)

I just got the chance to check my stands this weekend (after the grand baby's two Fall softball games, what idiot schedules ball games on bow season opener?), rework a couple and do some scouting this weekend. Got tons of acorns about ready to fall and a harvested corn field next to what I figure will be the best.

Plan on being up in it this weekend.

Guest billwilly73

I've not got to go yet, but I'm really looking forward to Juvenile season............I'm taking my little brother (first time going) and my nephew (his second season) I hope they both get one. I would rather they kill one than me.

Not to rub it in, but I sat from 1:30pm till 7pm today. The weather was beautiful. There was a light breeze in my face. Squirrels and chipmunks were everywhere and I got to see six deer, two 6 point bucks. Well, ok, I guess I am rubbing it in a little.

Quit work and go hunting. Obama will take care of the rest. :)

Actually I was lucky enough to be able to take a couple vacation days for Monday and Tuesday to hunt. I hope your permissions work out and you get in the woods soon. It does set the mind back to even.

Guest GunTroll
I keep seeing the photos on here and other forums of everyone's harvest. I've got the bow ready to go, and I'm more than ready to go hunting, but I'm waiting on official word (permission) for a couple of spots I plan to hunt. Between that and work, it is killing me! :)

Anybody else dying to get out in the woods and hasn't made it yet for one reson or another? I just want to know I'm not alone!! :D

I'm with you! I believe you saw my post in the WTB thread!

I should have gone tonight, driving through Franklin I lost count of how many deer I saw, they were piling out in fields and crossing the roads everywhere it seemed.

I wasn't planning on going again until later in the week but now I'm trying to make it tomorrow..lol

I hope your permissions work out and you get in the woods soon. It does set the mind back to even.

Thanks whiskey. I'm thinking about burning some vacation time when I get those permissions. If not, I'll be heading for a WMA here soon. Luckily, I work on a rotating schedule, so I often end up with weekdays off. That'll make it better for the public areas if I end up at one of 'em. I've got some family land in Mississippi, but I don't quite have the necessary cash to get a non-resident license down there. :-\

I'm with you! I believe you saw my post in the WTB thread!

Yessir! Good luck getting that bow. Just make sure you get some good practice in. If I was looking for a bow this late in the game, I'd probably be keeping my eyes open for a good crossbow. They're a lot easier to get good with fast! :)

Well, finally got out there today. Was out in the stand from about 4:30pm until sunset. Didn't see a thing until I got down from the stand. Saw a spike, a doe, and a fawn munchin' on beans as I was making my way back to the truck. Oh well, it beat being at work! :rolleyes:

Well, finally got out there today. Was out in the stand from about 4:30pm until sunset. Didn't see a thing until I got down from the stand. Saw a spike, a doe, and a fawn munchin' on beans as I was making my way back to the truck. Oh well, it beat being at work! :rolleyes:

Where'd you end up going?

Went as a guest with a buddy to his hunting club out near Galloway. Pretty nice place, but there's no way I'd have the kind of cash necessary to join up.

I heard that. I'm going to buy a rifle tonight. May not be the best thing for hunting, but it's something I've always wanted and I bet I can make it work.