Skinny Guys with no butts (IWB CC)

xRUSTYx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JMHO, but who cares about your style, looks like you dress like most of the guys I know, dress how you please... but, I'd say ditch that cute .380 with the miniture safety that you'd probably miss sweeping off if you had to, and I'd think again about any 3 inch-ish 1911 (known jam-o-matics), especially one that says Kimber on the slide.

Get yourself a Glock, a Blade-tech Nano or a Comp-Tac Infidel (small footprints) and a 5.11 casual belt that'll hold it without looking like a gun belt.

I am so glad we have such INFORMATIVE know it alls on this board.:D:screwy::D
Guest TargetShooter84
Ya I have the original instructor belt and I love it. I think any model would be great though.

However, I did pay the extra $5 and upgrade to the 5 stitch for added support.

I'll keep that in mind about the 5 stitch models then. Thanks.

did you read the sizing instructions first??????? I ordered mine a little big by accident but it still works fine.

dangit .... email in to midway ....

Ordered a 30" ... but, according to the measuring (just measured my belt) .... I should get a 36"

What size did you get Erik?

EDIT: Maybe I should go with a 34" .... hmmm

Edited by xRUSTYx
dangit .... email in to midway ....

Ordered a 30" ... but, according to the measuring (just measured my belt) .... I should get a 36"

What size did you get Erik?

EDIT: Maybe I should go with a 34" .... hmmm

I wear a 29" pants and I ordered a 33" belt and mine is a little big. 32" probably would have been perfect, or do they only sell them in odd numbers??

After you get your legit gunbelt, you may find that you fall between notches on your belt. Use your leather awl on your multi-tool or a drill bit and make a new hole between the two factory holes. Had to for mine, and I've been wearing it for 9 or 10 years. Also, I bought one that was long enough for the times that I wear IWB, but it's almost always OWB. Don't want two $70 belts.

After you get your legit gunbelt, you may find that you fall between notches on your belt. Use your leather awl on your multi-tool or a drill bit and make a new hole between the two factory holes. Had to for mine, and I've been wearing it for 9 or 10 years. Also, I bought one that was long enough for the times that I wear IWB, but it's almost always OWB. Don't want two $70 belts.

Good idea ... I think the Wilderness I just ordered doesn't not have holes? Velcro/slide thru type

These ones aren't odd, they are all even?

Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt Nylon - MidwayUSA

So, perhaps a 32" would work best for me since we have the same size waist :screwy:

Ya I would think a 32 would be just about perfect. If you lived in Knoxville I'd let you try mine out.

And yes it is velcro which is great in case your gut size gets bigger or smaller as the years go on

Ya I would think a 32 would be just about perfect. If you lived in Knoxville I'd let you try mine out.

And yes it is velcro which is great in case your gut size gets bigger or smaller as the years go on

If mine got smaller, I'd go nuts :screwy: Hoping to gain another 20-30 lbs in the next 4-5 years. I think 180 would be perfect. So, 32" it is! 2nd email sent :screwy:

Good idea ... I think the Wilderness I just ordered doesn't not have holes? Velcro/slide thru type

Correct. One big advantage of the Wilderness style belts, no holes. Cinch it tight and velcro it down. Somebody could put a hook on the back of you and lift you in the air and that belt would stay tight.

So Eric, since you're the expert on belt sizing, lol.

I wear 32" waist regular...so what size should I be lookin' at?

Follow the sizing instructions on their website. I think what you do is measure the belt you currently use from the end to the belt hole you use and then add an inch or two to leave room for an IWB holster.

We ask that you put a cloth tape through the belt loops of the pants that you would normally wear the belt with, pulling as tightly as you typically pull a belt, and measure to the nearest single inch. If you regularly wear an in-the-waistband holster and mag pouches, we recommend you place them in your pants for measuring.

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=page&page_id=Belt%20Sizing/FAQ

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am 6' 170 or so.

I can squeeze into a size 30 pants but that is a super squeeze. Since most of my pants are 32 and I have yet to find anything more comfortable than my belly band that is what I use and all works well, I can conceal a full size no problem with an un-tucked shirt anywhere from 2:30 to 4:430 most always right on 2:45 or so. The band also takes all the weight off of your pants, keeps the weapon very close to your body and makes restroom business really easy with no chance of dropping of the weapon or a chance to leave it behind or for it to be seen on the floor wrapped up with your belt.

I know they aint all that popular but it is what works best for me. I feel for 20 bucks one is at least worth a try.

JMHO, but who cares about your style, looks like you dress like most of the guys I know, dress how you please... but, I'd say ditch that cute .380 with the miniture safety that you'd probably miss sweeping off if you had to, and I'd think again about any 3 inch-ish 1911 (known jam-o-matics), especially one that says Kimber on the slide.

Get yourself a Glock, a Blade-tech Nano or a Comp-Tac Infidel (small footprints) and a 5.11 casual belt that'll hold it without looking like a gun belt.

Plus 1 for the 5.11 belts. I have 2 and they work fine, are reasonably priced, don't cost a ton, and best of all, they don't look like you're trying to be GI JOE. Plus 1 to the Glock suggestion as well. I've got a similiar build to you and my Supertuck at about 5:00 is the most concealable option I've tried for IWB. Edited by JReedEsq