What Did You Folks Think of The Murfreesboro Gun Show?

I went to the Murfreesboro Gun Show today trying to buy a Remington 1100 20 gauge Magnum with VR and Rem Chokes. I think there was only two Magnums in the building and one of the exhibitors had bought one of them before they let the general public in the door.

Along the same lines, most "walk around" sales were gone in about 3 hours... most seemed to be going to the exhibitors, as they were seeking to buy them.

The exhibitors I tried to deal with on the other four 1100 LTs that were there, were firm and set on price, and wasn't interested in negotiating.

There was a good crowd at opening time, and it held til pretty well around mid afternoon... but most of the good stuff was gone by then. Overall, pretty good show, even if I didn't see a lot of guns being bought from the exhibitors by the public.

Maybe they'll break out some new inventory tomorrow. But, I'd recommend you be there when the door opens if you're looking for something in particular.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad show. I like the new layout.

Agree with you that some folks are still asking "Post Election Panic" prices for their firearms. However, I did see a couple of tables that had some reasonable prices (should have picked up a 6 inch S&W 586 when I first saw it - - - it was GONE when I went back).

I went there looking to re-supply on some ammo. Didn't find anything that caught my eye, the prices were no different than what I can find at Tennessee Gun Country. I was looking for .30 Cal Carbine in particular and they ranged between 25 to 28 a box of 50. I was offered a deal of 23 a box if I bought 5 or more boxes, I don't shoot my revolver that much and with my recent trips the wife wasn't fond of me spending too much. I got there at 3 today and the vendors were packing their goods up by 3:30, very disappointed, guess they didn't want to be there.

I went to the show at about 1:00 today. There was a moderate crowd, but like the previous poster I didn't see a lot of transactions taking place. While most of the prices did seem to be at their post election panic levels, I did see a few tables where pricing seemed to moving sloooooooowwwwwwllllyyyyyy downward. Maybe that's why I didn't see much buying going on. The Ammo sellers were still wanting way to much for their products, in my opinion. I wasn't really there to buy today, and I saw some cool stuff, so all in all a pretty good show for me.