fort campbell

Guest ADAM

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know where im talking about. ive never been there and havent researched alot about the place.I'm looking for a place to hog hunt and i was told that you can hunt there year round, but that didn't seem right.

so the way that I read the website is that if you pay your fees and call and get an assigned area thats all you have to do? I'm I correct or am I an idiot and need to reread it.

You can't hunt hogs year round on post. Only during a scheduled hunt, I.E. Deer season with the weapon legal for the hunt. Bow, Shotgun and Muzzleloader. Fort Campbell has very few hogs left, and they are mostly on the range complexes and impact areas. A few tracks have been seen on range 51D. There are a few other places up in the northwest corner where there are a few.

To hunt on post, you must obtain a post "hunting and fishing" permit, and have a hunter's safety card (regardless of age). You must call ahead, check what areas are open, and apply. You must go in in person to pick up your area assignment (if drawn). Right now, areas are easy to get because the soldiers are gone. Fort Campbell is very strict and I will not hunt it this year. It is a total PITA! I hope this helps! By the way, there is no hunting on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No centerfire weapons allowed.

To hunt on post, you must obtain a post "hunting and fishing" permit, and have a hunter's safety card (regardless of age). You must call ahead, check what areas are open, and apply. You must go in in person to pick up your area assignment (if drawn). Right now, areas are easy to get because the soldiers are gone. Fort Campbell is very strict and I will not hunt it this year. It is a total PITA! I hope this helps! By the way, there is no hunting on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No centerfire weapons allowed.

That really does sound like a PITA.

Well it is a PITA. So much so that I don't bother with it either. My hunting partner is a game warden on Ft. Campbell so I get to hear about any good deer killed out there. The system of calling in can be frustrating. You can't really scout and expect to the get the places you scouted. It's more like a hope and prayer that you get an area with deer and that you can get on them with little prep. I like to be more methodical than that. Probably a waste of time to attempt to hunt hogs there. You would have better luck at the officers club on Friday night.