Obama Voters

Guest Lester Weevils

Guest Lester Weevils

Old but interesting. Video made on the day of election 2008. The videographer asked a democrat poll worker to round up some well-informed Obama voters for interview.

Typical questions and answers--

Q. Which party controls congress? A. Republicans.

Q. Who is Harry Reid? A. I don't know.

Q. Who is Nancy Pelosi? A. I don't know.

Q. Who is Barney Frank? A. I don't know.

Q. Which candidate wore clothes that their party spent $150,000 on? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which candidate has a pregnant teenage daughter? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which candidate said, "I can see Russia from my House"? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which claimed to have campaigned in 57 states? A. Sarah Palin (minority opinion: John McCain).

Q, Which won their first election by getting all opponents kicked off the ballot? A. Sarah Palin, John McCain, or I don't know.

Q. Which said that Obama would be tested in the first 6 months by an international crisis? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q. Which had to quit a previous campaign because they were found to have plagarized a speech? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q, Which said their own energy policies would probably bankrupt the coal industry? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q. Which said the government should redistribute the wealth? A. I don't know but I like it.

Q. What do you think of Bill Ayers? A. I don't know.

Q. Where do you get most of your information? A. NPR, PBS, CNN, Bill Moyers, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, John Stewart, Colbert Report

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
Buy them a beer or a pack of cigs and get them to vote. The good thing is, it will only work once.

Unless they vote 12 times under different names. And sometimes under the same one.

Old but interesting. Video made on the day of election 2008. The videographer asked a democrat poll worker to round up some well-informed Obama voters for interview.

Typical questions and answers--

Q. Which party controls congress? A. Republicans.

Q. Who is Harry Reid? A. I don't know.

Q. Who is Nancy Pelosi? A. I don't know.

Q. Who is Barney Frank? A. I don't know.

Q. Which candidate wore clothes that their party spent $150,000 on? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which candidate has a pregnant teenage daughter? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which candidate said, "I can see Russia from my House"? A. Sarah Palin.

Q. Which claimed to have campaigned in 57 states? A. Sarah Palin (minority opinion: John McCain).

Q, Which won their first election by getting all opponents kicked off the ballot? A. Sarah Palin, John McCain, or I don't know.

Q. Which said that Obama would be tested in the first 6 months by an international crisis? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q. Which had to quit a previous campaign because they were found to have plagarized a speech? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q, Which said their own energy policies would probably bankrupt the coal industry? A. McCain or I don't know.

Q. Which said the government should redistribute the wealth? A. I don't know but I like it.

Q. What do you think of Bill Ayers? A. I don't know.

Q. Where do you get most of your information? A. NPR, PBS, CNN, Bill Moyers, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, John Stewart, Colbert Report

:wave: STARTER.....:P It does'nt take much to get folks on here riled up.

Guest Drewsett

As much as I hate to say it, I think that most people would have a hard time answering those questions. Our country is full of idiots these days, no matter their political affiliation.

Guest FroggyOne2

What is funny (or sad really) is that so many of his supporters are now getting mad at him because he hasn't paid their morgage and made sure that the gas tank is full!

Unless they vote 12 times under different names. And sometimes under the same one.

No, I meant election cycles. You're probably right, but I doubt it happens this time around.

Guest Lester Weevils

Neal Boortz mentioned the video and played some of the audio on a radio show last week, so I went looking for it.

I know some relatively intelligent well-informed people who voted Obama, so you don't have to be dumb or uninformed to go thatawy. Most of the folks on that interview clip seem more ill-informed than stupid. They seem nice enough also. There are probably also plenty of ignorant republican voters.

These voters listed as information sources-- NPR, PBS, CNN, Bill Moyers, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, John Stewart, Colbert Repor. But maybe they don't read/listen carefully or often to those sources. Even if you listened long enough to Bill Moyers or Colbert, you would probably absorb who the heck is Harry Reid, or perhaps even absorb that the Republicans were not in control of 2008 congress.

The better accuracy on the Palin questions (only 1 out of 3 wrong, a solid D+ grade on the subject of Palin)-- Maybe a lot of people find it easier to absorb and retain soap-opera details that don't really matter squat? The media is busy doing the same thing to O'Donnell right now. Ain't saying O'Donnell is the most qualified candidate in the galaxy, but OTOH she's got to be at least as qualified than ferinstance Sheila Jackson Lee. If the media made a big deal quoting everything dumb Lee ever said/did, maybe Lee would have trouble getting re-elected?

Even if they had been paying close attention to NPR, PBS, CNN, Bill Moyers, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, John Stewart, Colbert Report, perhaps they would not have known the answer to these questions, however. Those topics were not covered much--

Q. Which claimed to have campaigned in 57 states?

Q, Which won their first election by getting all opponents kicked off the ballot?

Q, Which said their own energy policies would probably bankrupt the coal industry?

Q. What do you think of Bill Ayers?

Even if they knew the answer to this one, they probably would have voted Obama, given the nature of every one of the responses--

Guys, you stumbled upon a critical issue, but are misdiagnosing it. If you look, the answers given were drilled into their head by the media. The media harped on Palin. Yet, as parodied by SNL, the media never asked hard questions to Obama. (Admittedly, Palin could not handle soft ball questions like, "What newspapers do you read?" But, there was a total lack of challenge to Obama.)

Obama was cast in a certain light (the "savior") by the news outlets. McCain was viewed as an old fella, out of touch with reality. This greatly impacted the voting.

Same as the media showing Bush Jr as the fellow you would like to be at the bar and have a drink with, vs. the stoic, inflexible, no humor, Gore, or the over-academic, stuck up Kerry.

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest Drewsett
Guys, you stumbled upon a critical issue, but are misdiagnosing it. If you look, the answers given were drilled into their head by the media. The media harped on Palin. Yet, as parodied by SNL, the media never asked hard questions to Obama. (Admittedly, Palin could not handle soft ball questions like, "What newspapers do you read?" But, there was a total lack of challenge to Obama.)

Obama was cast in a certain light (the "savior") by the news outlets. McCain was viewed as an old fella, out of touch with reality. This greatly impacted the voting.

Same as the media showing Bush Jr as the fellow you would like to be at the bar and have a drink with, vs. the stoic, inflexible, no humor, Gore, or the over-academic, stuck up Kerry.

As much as I hate to say it, I think that most people would have a hard time answering those questions. Our country is full of idiots these days, no matter their political affiliation.

Oh I think I diagnosed it correctly. Idiots let the media do their thinking for them.

I guess you didn't watch the Biden-Palin debate. She wore him out.

Softball questions don't mean a damned thing except to people who

don't use their brains, to begin with. That interview with Katie Couric

was a joke and was so edited and misleading. Fine example of a left

leaning media.

Sarah Palin has yet to criticize SNL. She said it was a refreshing bit

of comic relief.

When you look at character and issues, she has done a lot for conservatives

and libertarians. She is successfully endorsing and campaigning for grass

roots candidates all over the country. She is challenging the Republican

leadership to get back to the principles of the founders and it is paying

off. If you judge someone by a softball question from a leftist that is losing

her market share fast, you are paying little attention to what she's done since.

She has had the most impact in this election cycle, with the exception of the

Democrat's and Obama's treachery.

Guest HvyMtl

You guys forget, Palin showed her sense of humor by going on SNL, after the campaign stuff.

Point is the media needs to be addressed for their role of influencing elections...

Guest 6.8 AR

The media is taking care of its own problem, rather slowly, but the ratings

and profit margins are causing change in the media market. Well, unless they

get a bailout. Some of the viewing public is tired of the crap the media spews.

Maybe someday the media will understand the viewing public don't like so-called

intellectual elites. I kinda doubt it.

Funny, I thought the election was in November 08. She was on in October 08.

Am I missing something?