Looking for help with a 6.8 upper

Guest Ditchdigger

Guest Ditchdigger

I bought a DDM4V3 about a month ago for my " 9 year old daughter" to deer hunt with. Upon further review of the game camera picts, there are some very nice bucks there. I think "she" might need the extra punch of the 6.8. Stag seems to be pretty popular. Found a 5H pre ban for $475 online at ar15sales.com. Don't know the difference between post and pre ban. Anyone else shopping, or have more input.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know the difference between post and pre ban.

"Pre-ban" means that the upper is in the original configuration (w/ flash suppressor, bayonet lug) that was standard on ARs prior to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. "Post-ban" uppers will have the flash suppressor and bayonet lug removed.

6.8 SPC is an excellet deer round, and will serve you well in that capacity. Stag is the house brand for CMT (Continental Machine & Tool), and CMT makes a lot of AR parts for other manufacturers. They make a very good product and a good price.

I just got a stag 5h upper Thursday. Got it from M4store.net. $499.00 shipped, took 4 days. Sighted it in yesterday at an indoor rang, 25 yards. The group is right at 1". Onlu shot 20 rounds but I had no problems. Used Silver State Armory 110 gr Sierra pro Hunter ammo, the 2500 fps round. I'm quite happy with the 5H.

+1 on 68forums.com

PICT0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ditchdigger

Ordered a Stag 5H upper. UPS man left a sticky note on the garage door, needs a signature. I'm gonna leave him a big note that he can't miss with optional address close by to leave my upper.

What LINKS2K said! I saw several good uppers over there and at good prices.

Stag is good enough for anyone, but there are some particular people over

there that make some good uppers. Enjoy it!

Guest Ditchdigger

UPS man left it today. Glad it was packed box inside of box, didn't hurt as bad when my wife beat me with it. Ordered with a front gas block, came with front site post. Got to see if it show up in the scope though.