NoGunsNoBusiness.com

Guest macmonkey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy in Maine can protest a sign in TN? or what?

- OS

No, i was thinking that macmonkey is on a big idea here. He has a good domain name. Wish I had thought of it. He could over time expand it so that all 50 states have a page.

Could have a map on the main page for people to pick their state from and so on.

No, i was thinking that macmonkey is on a big idea here. He has a good domain name. Wish I had thought of it. He could over time expand it so that all 50 states have a page.

Could have a map on the main page for people to pick their state from and so on.

Well I think OS's point is that in other states carry where alcohol is served may still be off-limits by law and place couldn't allow carry if they chose to. Or that in some states signs don't mean anything anyway.

Also that this website was in response to a TN specific website and the point was to show those people that are large numbers of people that will not eat at a place that post....hopefully more than say they will eat a place that does.

Few (if any) states have owner-discretionary posting laws with criminal penalty like TN.

- OS

edit: yes, FG saw my point.

Edited by OhShoot

Great Idea!

Perhaps a title change?

Like no permit holder, no biz, or no 2ndA, no biz -

My thought is the antis will point to "gun" in the title and try to skew its purpose...

Just a thought.

Hope the site gets the point across...

Might want to add to the info on the page, like what the state law actually DOES, as the media has really demonized it. For example: Point out it is illegal for permit holders to drink while carrying...

Nothing like the truth to clarify things..

Guest macmonkey

Hello All!

It has been a wild week and it's evident how wide the roots of this forum grow. We've had 800+ sign ups in 7 days. I've had good reaction and bad. I wanted to quickly address some discussion I noticed when scanning the previous posts.

• Local vs. National - The site isn't necessarily intended to be just for Middle TN. Our situation here in Nashville was the inspiration for the site but in the end everyone in America seems to be dealing with the no-guns-allowed posture in public places of business and at work. When visiting forums in Ohio, Georgia and Indiana over the past few days - respondants had signed up complaining that things had gotten out of control where they live as well.

• Improved Features - I'll start adding new features once we get to 1,000 signups with the first one being a heat map showing where people are signing up from. I looked at the database and we've had signups from all over the place which is exactly what I was hoping for. In the past 7 days we've had over 1,300 unique visitors and 810 sign ups. That's a pretty good ratio.

• Facebook - We are starting to get some support on Facebook - I'll begin posting there very shortly.

• What I need - everyone please keep spreading the gospel. Please, Please, Please - while you are with friends and family take them to the site and sign them up. Also make sure to SHARE the site at your club meetings, on other forums, with local business owners, etc.. No matter how big it gets we'll all remember it started right here.

On another note - I've seen some complaints about "Restaurant owners rights". I'm not for once arguing that they shouldn't have the right but just as they have a right to prohibit carry - I have the right to take my business elsewhere. The whole point of this simple website is to show business owners that they are discriminating an entire social group by posting. I have not once heard anyone (in real life or on a forum) talk about not eating somewhere because there wasn't a posted - sign so what's the point?

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and for making this thing a success!

Guest Drewsett

Another point...I don't know where you go out to eat, but I know I typically spend a great deal more than $7 per person when I go to a restaurant. Heck, most sit down places charge at least $2 for a soda these days. You could consider adjusting the equation you're using in your counter to a more realistic number (a higher one). The per-person average at most "casual-dining" places these days is around $10 for lunch and close to $15 for dinner.

Of course there is always fast food to take into account as well, but most combos at the drive-thru places these days are approaching $7 or more. I also don't think the Rayburnites are going out pounding the pavement to get fast-food joints to post.

Guest macmonkey
Another point...I don't know where you go out to eat, but I know I typically spend a great deal more than $7 per person when I go to a restaurant. Heck, most sit down places charge at least $2 for a soda these days. You could consider adjusting the equation you're using in your counter to a more realistic number (a higher one). The per-person average at most "casual-dining" places these days is around $10 for lunch and close to $15 for dinner.

Of course there is always fast food to take into account as well, but most combos at the drive-thru places these days are approaching $7 or more. I also don't think the Rayburnites are going out pounding the pavement to get fast-food joints to post.

Yea I understand. The $7 is an average between the sandwich shop & the $12 p/p "outback" type restaurant. I didn't want that figure to be too sensationalist.

I'm in

suggestions:

#1) Buy the .net and .org domain names RIGHT NOW so you control your domain - will cost you $20

#2) I don't frequent places that do not want me to be able to use my 2nd Amendment right - not sure the "display propoganda" makes much sense to anyone but the already converted

#3) Recommend adding to the About Carry Permit holders section - somethign to the extent that Carry permit holder are PROHIBITED from consuming or being under the influence of ANY Alcohol while Carrying a firearm. This one piece of information is ALWAYS missing from the MSM as they try and conjure up a drunk wild west saloon shootout image.

As a corollary to #3, I always wonder if the same anti-gun folks would be just as interested in requiring licensing liquor establishments to only serve one drink per person in the interest of saving lives from DUI. It makes sense, and nothing makes me more scared and turn my stomash more at a bar than watching people gulp down down drink after drink. I mean really - who NEEDS a Jagerbomb? Only that drunk ass person who is likely to smash into me and my kids. Its the same argument except that we accept the risk of drinking/driving and restaurants owners have LIABILITY if they over serve someone. I;m no lawyer - I wonder what the liability would be if a business owner CHOSE to make his establishment "GUn Free" and I was injured/killed there and my HCP gun was in the glovebox of my car......and lets just say that said bar has a history of scuffles/drunk asses getting thrown out/in a rough part of town, etc.....I'd have to think someone is gonna pay a LOT of money.....