Attention Old Timers!

VERO1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I'm more apt to go to an old timer for advice most of the time. That being said, I suspect the young guys deliver their messages the way they do because they are sick of being called idiots seemingly no matter what they say. People go to war and fight and die for our country at 18. By 25 it is possible to have plenty of experience relating to the use of firearms.

There are some things that you learn with age. There are some things you learn with practice. You may have more life experience, but if a 25 year old has spent everyday of the last 7 years doing something you haven't done in decades he may be a better source on that subject. Not every subject, but that subject.

Note this isn't directed at you 6.8 AR, just general statements from what I've seen in other threads.

Thank you, because I don't think I have called anyone on here an idiot.;) It's not useful.

Guest Lester Weevils
For the old Air Force Guys . . . Component Repair Squadron . . . I still have my 1st CRS Hat :(

Thanks Terry

That dictionary list of CRS acronyms is so long, it must be a very fortuitous combination of letters.

Component Repair Squadron, did that get any jokes because of the other acronym "Can't Repair :poop:"?

Experience is one hell of a teacher. It's not that the young folks do or don't know

everything, but it can surely be the way they deliver their message. Right and

wrong don't discriminate due to age. Garufa is right.

BTW, I've had CRS all my life. ;)

+1

Now what was I doing......

I remember when I was a teenager I thought I knew everything. My Grandpop (A WW1 vet and my hero) told me to listen to my elders.

He said you will be suprised what they know through experience. You my not agree with everything they say but you can add

it to your memory files. He was right. I add my experience to his and pass it along to my kids. Hope they listen.

Even at the ripe young age of 54 I still have a lot to learn. ;)

Wheeeew! I'm back....now, lets see, where was I, oh yea....when I was a kid, why, we would walk ten miles to school, uphill, both ways...with no shoes and toe sacks on our feet, to stave off frost bite....with nothin but a flimsy, tattered flannel shirt and a gunny sack for britches! And, we loved it...we liked it, cause thats the way it was, back in my day.

Why, you young'uns don't know how good you got it...with your fancy wee wee games and your Steerbucks coffee and your Carvettes and fancy, smancy, high-flalootn' six figger homes....why, we lived in a cave, way back in the deep woods, up in the head of a hollar, and used coal oil lamps, for light....and we loooooved it, we liiiiiiiked it!....cause thats the way it was, back in my day, and , uh, uh, oh wait, I gotta go pee again. :D:D

Wheeeew! I'm back....now, lets see, where was I, oh yea....when I was a kid, why, we would walk ten miles to school, uphill, both ways...with no shoes and toe sacks on our feet, to stave off frost bite....with nothin but a flimsy, tattered flannel shirt and a gunny sack for britches! And, we loved it...we liked it, cause thats the way it was, back in my day.

Why, you young'uns don't know how good you got it...with your fancy wee wee games and your Steerbucks coffee and your Carvettes and fancy, smancy, high-flalootn' six figger homes....why, we lived in a cave, way back in the deep woods, up in the head of a hollar, and used coal oil lamps, for light....and we loooooved it, we liiiiiiiked it!....cause thats the way it was, back in my day, and , uh, uh, oh wait, I gotta go pee again. :D:D

Bearman, ya'll musta been rich, 'cause we shared the lean-to with the chickens, ate beans for breakfast, drank water for lunch, and sat around and swelled up for supper!!!!!!

Sheesh... I take a few days off and y'all go and lose yer damned minds... :D

Anyway... my personal experience is that a person doesn't know anything 'til they'er at least 30... and then all you know is that you were wrong when you were 20.

And by 40, you figger out that you really didn't know :poop: at 30.

I'm thinking that by 50, I'll be asking "what was the question, again?" :D

And at 60, I'm probably not gonna care, and will go right back to making things up as I go... just like I was doing at 17 or so. ;)

... provided I live that long, that is. :D

Bearman, ya'll musta been rich, 'cause we shared the lean-to with the chickens, ate beans for breakfast, drank water for lunch, and sat around and swelled up for supper!!!!!!

s.a.s....I just love reminiscing about the "good 'ole days"...don't you, bro? :poop:

When Oldbummer get through with his "change" it's gonna be just like the .......good 'ole days???? :D:D

And at 60, I'm probably not gonna care, and will go right back to making things up as I go... just like I was doing at 17 or so. :D

... provided I live that long, that is. :D

I hate puttin' stuff off, so I went and got a head start on 60. Now, the only things that I'm positively sure of are the things that never happened to begin with.

Guest Glock23ForMe
You can't miss what you can't even shoot at.

( It's a joke, concerning your recent disarmament. )

Baha... Baha... Baha-SHUTUP....

:D

I have a policy in place for those punks tonight.

I completely missed this thread. I'll give my take on things. I grew up with my Grandparents. I ALWAYS was around adults. My Great Uncles and Aunts, Grandparents church friends, etc. I always listened to them and as I got older I got brought into conversations. Never once was an opinion of mine discounted simply because I had less birthdays.

Everyone ages differently, experiences life differently, and views the world differently. Growing older is simply part of life. It doesn't make you smart or special. When you debate someone and use age as your crutch it just shows your true lack of ability to reason and debate.

In my opinion, telling someone they don't know because they are young, is the same as telling an elder they don't know because they are old and out of touch. Neither is very polite.