Round in chamber?

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

Guest peacexxl
The guy that I was talking is not consider a friend and after you read this you will know at least 1 reason why. The story behind my original question.
  1. His mother-in-law calls his wife (her daughter).
  2. Tells her someone is trying to break in.
  3. The daughter/wife grabs her pistol.
  4. As she opens the door to go to her Mom's house to help get rid of the could be criminal.
  5. The husband says "if you get pulled over by the law you will go to jail if they find you have a round in the chamber.
  6. Wife could care less she just wants to get to her Mom's house before something bad happens.
  7. Husband stays planted on the couch and continues to watch the TV.
  8. An idiot w/no balls!!!

Okay now, bring on the comments. Remember this guy is not my friend so don't worry about offending.

If this is how this guy thinks, if he told me water was wet, I would look it up for myself. He is not just an idiot but a coward. Who lets their wife leave the house with a gun thinking she is going towards danger. Sounds like you'd be better off asking the wife about gun laws, except that unless is the case that Mom lives next door or across the street, she was gonna be less useful than calling 911.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been stopped twice in 15 years by state troopers and both times gave me a hard time about one in the pipe. both times they took weapon and unloaded it told me i couldnt carry that way. both times as they walked away i reloaded and reholstered my weapon. probably take a court case to stop the non-sense.

I had a friend who was carring without one in the chamber and was pulled over. He told the cop he had it, it was in the glove box. The cop cocked it before putting it back in the glove box. Saying its only useful with one in the chamber.

The Expression is Locked and Loaded for a reason..

I have showed my wife the difference.

Showered her the gun, the mag the bullets.

Showed her how I put the bullets in the mag. Then I showed her how putting the mag in the gun. I explained how the gun is still not ready until one is in the chamber. I showed her how to insert a round in the chamber. Then I showed her the proper way to unload and to empty the chamber after removing the mag to ensure you don't put a live round back in the chamber.

As she learns, I want her to know and understands the order of operation. I don't want her to make the mistake untrained people make of removing the round from the chamber first by working the action then dropping the mag while unknowing adding another round to the chamber. I showed her how that happens.