Round in chamber?

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

I carry my EDC with a round in the chamber. I heard last night that carrying this way could land you in jail if LEO stops you and somehow finds out.

I do not think this is correct. Can someone cofirm this?

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry my EDC with a round in the chamber. I heard last night that carrying this way could land you in jail if LEO stops you and somehow finds out.

Thanks

It is not correct.

Round in chamber in your handgun with HCP is fine. Indeed, it's the only logical way to carry it.

My guess is somebody was talking about long gun in your car.

With HCP, you may carry a long gun in your car, and it can have loaded magazine in the gun, but must NOT have one in the chamber.

- OS

Guest tnxdshooter

Thanks

That is the biggest bunch of horse crap ive ever heard. Sounds like something this idiot red neck that I know would say.

...It is not correct.

Round in chamber in your handgun with HCP is fine. Indeed, it's the only logical way to carry it.

My guess is somebody was talking about long gun in your car.

With HCP, you may carry a long gun in your car, and it can have loaded magazine in the gun, but must NOT have one in the chamber. - OS.....

I agree with OS. It has to do with rifles. If my memory servers me right; it probably from the illegal practice of hunting from a car.

Hunters please chime in.

Leroy

I agree with OS. It has to do with rifles. If my memory servers me right; it probably from the illegal practice of hunting from a car.

Hunters please chime in.

Leroy

Well was illegal to hunt from a vehicle before this as well, but you are probably right in that it had a lot to do with the new law and not having a round chambered in the long gun.

Why would anyone cc without a round in the chamber? That's about the same as having a spare tire in the trunk with no air in it.

I did in the very beginning of my HCP days, but now that I am more comfortable with guns, I have learned the error of my ways. When I go out, I make sure their is a round in the chamber. I may need those few seconds one day.

And I believe the people are correct. It is for long guns.

Being an old man, I remember when even the law didn't consider a gun ,"loaded" unless there was one in the chamber!!! No gun really is, but the anti lawyers got involved in helping write laws and they mis-takenly made a loaded mag in the weapon , a loaded gun. BS!!!!

Echoing from above....

For Long Guns

and...

Your friend is not as smart as he thinks he is.

The guy that I was talking is not consider a friend and after you read this you will know at least 1 reason why. The story behind my original question.

1. His mother-in-law calls his wife (her daughter).
  2. Tells her someone is trying to break in.
  3. The daughter/wife grabs her pistol.
  4. As she opens the door to go to her Mom's house to help get rid of the could be criminal.
  5. The husband says "if you get pulled over by the law you will go to jail if they find you have a round in the chamber.
  6. Wife could care less she just wants to get to her Mom's house before something bad happens.
  7. Husband stays planted on the couch and continues to watch the TV.
  8. An idiot w/no balls!!!

Okay now, bring on the comments. Remember this guy is not my friend so don't worry about offending.

Doesn’t sound to me like anyone involved has an HCP. So yes, your friend is right; carrying that way could land you in jail.

Well Yes...But without being there it would seem he was trying to imply that without one in the chamber she would be legal, but with out a HCP even without one in the chamber could still land you in jail....