In rememberance of 9/11

Paletiger13

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. “

- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

Guest Letereat!

Holy friggin fat COW where the hell is my head? Thanks for reminding us all Paletiger!! What can I do to honor the losses suffered in this heinous crime against Humanity and our Country??

Im still not totally convinced it was not a 'false flag'attack and I quit asking cause its just too painfull. I Still have a pic of me in My Navy days atop the observation deck of #1. And one of me callin Mom all jacked, an 18 year old kid Doin my duty to God and Country. A moment of silence, a battle cry.... I still do not know how to respond to this tragedy.:-\

I was at work when the second plane hit. I watched it on a TV that I have on a tool cart so I can roll it around. The reporter later says "the tower collapsed" and Dan Rather says back you mean the top fell, NO the building is gone! I remember how beautiful blue the sky was that day. No clouds, no planes. The pictures from the stairwell of firefighters going in when everyone else is going out. The firemen carrying their Chaplain who died. That a few weeks after Berkley made their fire Dept. take flags of the trucks, and Hendersonville had huge flags on some of theirs.

I Remember.

Sadly, it took a very short time for too many to forget. It also

shows the lack of values.

Mike, it's up to us to make sure to our kids to never let anyone

forget those important dates. We sure won't be able to rely on

the schools. They deserve to be remembered.

I'm flying my flag at half mast today. I also played a funeral degerge from a CD of scottish bagpipes so loud the neighbors across the lake came out a stood at attention. The motto of the MacMillan clan is "No one attacks us with impunity!" Which is in Latin below.

Edited by Will Carry

I was in 1WTC that morning, and watched both planes go in. I also had the pleasure and honor of spending the next nine months there at ground zero as well.

Time and distance blunt a lot of wounds.

wow. That's incredible. Are you in the military Mac? Regardless, thank you for your service!

Do you guys remember what you were doing when you first heard about the attacks? I can remember sitting in 7th grade history class watching the events unfold on the TV in front of me. I had no idea at the time what the WTC was.

Watching my teacher cry was something I'll never forget.

Guest TargetShooter84

I was senior in high school sitting in a computer class when this all unfolded. After the first intial report of a terror attack, everybody in the entire school was basically glued to the TV all day long and watched both towers collapse to President Bush (He handled the first news very maturely when he was sitting in school with first graders on TV) and how he handled the situation.

Very saddening day.

• Admin Team

I worked for a security agency at the time, and was doing some work for the Port Authority. When I'm not on my phone, I'll share the full story.

For now I'll just say that I'm glad I was getting coffee. My office was on the 78th floor on the side of impact. The first plane went in on the 81st floor. I would have been one of the people they never found.

I was working on the Montgomery County Courthouse in Clarksville after tornado damage that morning. My wife called and said that a plane had hit the tower. The rest of the day it seemed as if not even the birds were flying. It was one of the clearest blue sky days with nothing in it. Prayers to family and friends of those lost that day.

Builder Bob

I worked for a security agency at the time, and was doing some work for the Port Authority. When I'm not on my phone, I'll share the full story.

For now I'll just say that I'm glad I was getting coffee. My office was on the 78th floor on the side of impact. The first plane went in on the 81st floor. I would have been one of the people they never found.

Wow, just wow...

Glad you made it.

I had just taken my kids to school that morning and heard it on the radio from the "Bob and Tom" show. My husband, DavidH1, was working in New York then. I turned around and picked my daughter and step-daughters up at school and took them home. I needed them and they needed me as we watched and waited to find out what was going on. It was hours before we heard from Dave. Agonizing hours. We were some of the lucky ones.

It is not 911, that's the number to call for help

It is not 9-11, that is a car model of Porsche

It is September Eleventh, and I will never forget

My mother had just dropped me back off at my house after leaving her car in the shop and taking mine. I had left the TV on the news and it was just shortly after the first plane hit. As many others were, I was watching live with the second plane hit and all I could say was "Oh my God!" over and over.

I have been watching specials on TV the last few days and still get just as mad and as sad as I did nine years ago.

forget-9-11-never-forget.gif

I was watching it on TV with my wife who was 22 weeks pregnant with our quadruplets. She started having false contractions so we turned it off. She was admitted to the hospital two weeks later and the babies came 5 weeks after that.

Needless to say I will always remember September 11 with mixed emotions but I knew my kids were being born in to a different America.

I was working at a small ISP in Columbus, MS. Was just chilling cause usually that early in the morning it was slow. I talked to a customer and he mumbled something bout the WTC being on fire. Then I noticed even tho all of our connections were up and working that most of the news sites were not responding. CNN Foxnews etc... I was trying to figure wtf was happening when a buddy called me and said two planes had hit the WTC and they thought it was hijacked planes. Then he got quiet and said its gone. I said gone? whats gone? He said man the WTC just collapsed. I was telling him thats impossible The Empire state building had been hit by a bomber during WWII and nothing happened so he must just be seeing lots of smoke. He said no man its gone they are showing it from different angles. We then found an old portable TV and got to watch the rest unfold.

I will never forget....never. You see, the year before, September 11th, 2000, my best friend, my best man in my wedding, my mentor, my DAD died at age 59. The worst day of my life by far. Then the next year, spent a lot of the previous night and early morning hours of Sept 11th with my then 6 week old son in the ER getting a spinal tap due to a high fever, was in bed, sleeping in, when my wife came in and told me, thought a small plane got to close and an updraft or something slammed it into the building, turned on the TV about the time the second one hit.

It is truly one of those events that I will always remember where and what I was doing at the time.

God Bless the victims and their families and friends.

Edited by db99wj