1st attempt at stippling!

Guest Fwdftw

So i had a extra AR pistol grip laying around and bought a 6$ soldering iron from Wally World.. And heres what i came up with.. wanting to stipple my MP and figured id try it. im still not convinced well maybe with this pattern any ideas??

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Any other pattern tips mike? different tips? Idk if i want my MP stippled this way.. Ill order some back straps to try. When i order my APEX kit next week

I'm not sure about stippling either, but I am about the Apex stuff. BTW... I like the whole deal, including the stiffer trigger spring.

Kegger was bragging on your master stipplin' job on his M&P.

:D

I tried out a bunch of different patterns on spare stuff i had lying around. I used all of my extra backstraps, about 4 ar grips. My tool came with about 4 tips so i tried them all to find out what I liked and what worked for me. I even completely re-did the stippling on my pistol after I tried it one way and didn't like it.

Mike

This time the subject would be Knight Rail covers i had layin around whatcha think? this will definatly go on the next build theyre rough as hell and i dig em idk about a pistol in this

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

One thing, your pattern looks well laid out, function wise no problem, aesthetically it looks weird. I can see rows and columns in the stippling. I usually try to poke the iron in the "pocket" of two previous dots. It randomized the pattern and by making it irregular in pattern you make it uniform in look.

Mike

Thanks mike.. Im ordering 2 extra medium Backstraps tommorow along with my APEX kit so we shall see how those turn out. How do you get that very thin line stipple? what do you use? , also this plastic was VERY hard lol so it was easy :tinfoil: and yea i agree i started this process by goin to each cut out and tracing a rectangle in the cut out and then just started poking the iron.

:D

I tried out a bunch of different patterns on spare stuff i had lying around. I used all of my extra backstraps, about 4 ar grips. My tool came with about 4 tips so i tried them all to find out what I liked and what worked for me. I even completely re-did the stippling on my pistol after I tried it one way and didn't like it.

Mike

I still need to post pictures of my M&P that you did for me, as well as my SP2022.

Folks - Mike is AWESOME at what he does.