How do you combat stress?

Raoul

How do you relieve stress?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How do you relieve stress?

• Range time
    • An Adult beverage
    • Physical activity (may include the horizontal mambo)
    • Some combination of the above
    • Other

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to the range...alot! Occassionally play Modern Warfare on Xbox360. Watch a good movie. Spend time with my girls...they always make me laugh and relieve stress. Sometimes a good ole hot shower and a nap does the trick too.

Guest Broomhead

I will be the first to admit that I don't handle stress very well, especially as of late. Drawing, or any art form for that matter, has always helped tremendously. Something about being able to concentrate solely on what is in front of me and just get into the details and not have to worry about anything else until I am done. Shooting helps, but lately has been more of a band-aid than it used to be. I can't do adult beverages much due to the numerous medications, most of which are no-nos when it comes to mixing with alcohol. When I had my Mini Cooper I liked to go for drives through hilly and windy roads, now I drive a mini van and hate it. Watching TV with my wife in the evenings after the girls have gone to bed is good too. Sometimes a long hot shower helps. I also love to have my scalp massaged, but my wife doesn't do that very often.

I guess I really need to get back into drawing and art, huh?

Guest Letereat!

Shooting at the Norriss range then walking around on the trails in the watershed. (The range is in the TVA Norris Watershed for those who were not aware. Full of walking paths.) Always makes me sleep great and sometimes I have trippy dreams about Fighting aginst The Man and his Evil friends.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have found that if one only worries or stresses over what they can actually control one will have very little to worry or stress over.

I do enjoy long road trips and very loud music to go with when alone and with the wife it is either the head scratching which puts me to sleep or the other thing:dirty::devil: that helps me to sleep better.:devil::P:rolleyes:

Shooting at the Norriss range then walking around on the trails in the watershed. (The range is in the TVA Norris Watershed for those who were not aware. Full of walking paths.) Always makes me sleep great and sometimes I have trippy dreams about Fighting aginst The Man and his Evil friends.

That's cool. I like those dreams. Oddly they seem to be occurring more often since I drank the AR :rolleyes:

I don't drink, so no adult beverages for me.

I tend to like going out to shoot, or playing with my daughter. She has another year before the wife allows her to go out shooting with me, so that is something to look forward to.

There is something very calming about having kids. The complete faith and naiveté that everything will be alright and Daddy can do anything. With that much trust, it is hard to act as if something is wrong. And in turn I find that it makes me stronger, because I have to find a way to make it work. Whether it is going to work every day, no matter how sick, or helping her get to the next level on her video game. I have found that using this line of logic, stress is much lower. I know exactly what I must do, and how it must be done. The right thing, the right way.