Tomorrow is the day. First planned outing carrying

Guest tnxdshooter
I have not settled on a primary yet. There are so many choices. I know a few I want but won't be good every day carry.

I am going to have my wife learning with a .22 until she gets more used to guns.

I know better then to ask for suggestions on an EDC here. That would be like asking 10 preachers to example a passage in the Bible. I would get 8 to 10 different answers.

Some guns I want, but I know will not be good EDC.

Taurus Judge, 3 inch Chamber. (Just because I want it) Still trying to decide exactly which one I want. I know what I want but they don't do custom.

I want a .22 Ruger Mark 3 another Just because I want it (P512MKIII)

But for an EDC, I am having a bit more trouble making up my mind.

Vontar,

My dad edc a taurus public defender with the 2.5 inch chamber but you can get it with a 3 inch chamber and it is real easy to conceal. He started out carrying it with the Federal 000 buck four pellets. The only 45 he could find was lead round nose and carried those for a little while. Then I purchased him some Winchesterd PDX1 .410 that has 12 bb pellets and three 000 buck disks in it. I also purchased him some Winchester PDX1 45 colt hollow points. He carries three of the .410 and two 45 colts in his.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter
I am looking into how I will CC. One thing, I am a big guy and I am not sure how that is going to affect my ability to CC. I am not big enough to CC in fat rolls but still pretty big.

I am just over 300 pound, 6', but I carry it well. Most people if they guess under guess my weight.

So I need to learn the different ways to CC and might even need to change the way I dress to allow CC better.

I will probably be looking in Semi Auto for EDC.

Going to Guess for now, on thumb safety since I am more used to that. Since my hunting rifle is that way as well as Dad's Ruger.

As far as a Brand. Well I want to stay with a brand I know of. Sorry but before I came to this board I had never heard of allot of brands people here use. Guess I have been too disconnected for the past 10 years.

Prefer American made if possible.

Bro,

You aint nearly as big as me and I can carry a full size 5" 1911 .45 acp and conceal it well. I also carry a .40 cal springfield xd 40 4" as my edc. Both conceal very well. I use a dm bullard IWB holster to carry both. However, I have also used a galco summer comfort holster to carry the 1911 as well.

http://www.dmbullardleather.com/

I have what is called the dual carry for both the 1911 and the xd. You can either clip it to your belt and wear it iwb or you can take the clips off and install leather straps that button over the top of your belt and allow you to tuck your shirt tail in with it on. It is so concealed that many a people have said wow, I didnt even know you had a gun on you when I would go to take it off at night at friends houses or what not.

Edited by tnxdshooter
forgot to add something
Guest tnxdshooter

Also vontar,

Taurus is making a PT740 slim that is a 40 caliber pocket gun. I looked at it and it truely is small enough to fit in the front of a jean pocket. It holds 8 rounds if I remember correctly. I am thinking about getting one myself here shortly. Saw em at academy sports and outdoors for 375.00 for stainless which I like better than blued.

BTW, all went well yesterday.

I think there might be a problem with dads Ruger, it never had an unintended discard. There was no Chaos in the streets. Dad didn't want to keep it and sent me back home with me, along with another 22 revolved I picked up for my wife to practice with.

As we tested the other 22 revolver. I understand why he sent me home with his Mark 1 ruger. The little revolver is not all that reliable. I would hate to depend on it. It likes to go snap.

BTW, the pistol I picked up was a RG model 23 .22. It likes to misfire if you pull the trigger for DA. Pull the hammer back and fire I never misfired it once.

I am going to be visiting Mike over at Austins this week.

I have what is called the [D.M. Bullard] dual carry for both the 1911 and the xd. You can either clip it to your belt and wear it iwb or you can take the clips off and install leather straps that button over the top of your belt and allow you to tuck your shirt tail in with it on.

JFYI, you can tuck with just the metal clips that come with it. Pull them out of the channel and re-attach.

I wore mine this way even though I didn't tuck, as it seemed to flex and conform to side better.

- OS

.. The little revolver is not all that reliable. I would hate to depend on it. It likes to go snap.

BTW, the pistol I picked up was a RG model 23 .22. It likes to misfire if you pull the trigger for DA. Pull the hammer back and fire I never misfired it once...

From what I've read about Rohm Gmbh, sounds like you have a "good" one.

- OS

From what I've read about Rohm Gmbh, sounds like you have a "good" one.

- OS

Yup, it is good for allot of things. I am sure someone will mistake it for a glock. It will make a good paper weight. barely heavy enough to make a good sinker for fishing, well, loaded it would work.

As Dad told warned me it snaps allot by just pulling the trigger but if you set the hammer and then pull the tigger it fires every time. Not what I want to have my wife trying to learn with.

We tried it yesterday. Snapped on one 22 shell 3 times, a CCI. I then pulled the hammer back and it fired it. It is not hitting the shells hard enough in my opinion.

Anyways. I took her to Over to Austins to night, she met Mike and picked out a Walther P22 to practice with.

Guest tnxdshooter
JFYI, you can tuck with just the metal clips that come with it. Pull them out of the channel and re-attach.

I wore mine this way even though I didn't tuck, as it seemed to flex and conform to side better.

- OS

Well hell thanks for heads up oh shoot.