My experience in Sevierville

Guest rockbottom12

Guest rockbottom12

Was in sevierville, got pulled over in a 45, 12 feet from a 55, and was given a ticket for doing 57 in a 35. While i was speeding, the cop could not have possible clocked me in the 35 he claims to have unless radar guns shoot around curves now. but that is a different issue. When he comes up he ask "where is your gun" funny thing there is 4 in the car. i give him my two ids, insurance and registration. and I say "oh by the way I just updated the address on those online last week" officer (confused look ) ok what is that address.

( for the record while it may/may not be visible in text i was very respectful in my responses)

here is where the problem is. he states "um there is a problem with your hcp"

me: ok (looking really confused).

officer: Your picture ids dont match. you are clearly skinnier in your drivers licens picture and have more hair.

me: yes i was in highschool then. ( i am 21 now)

Officer: well they need to be the same you see.

Me: ok When i was at the DMV they told me it didnt matter and i didnt need a new pic.

Officer: Well I would get new ones made. Also we had quite the conversation in the car. i asked about the address, and my sarge didn't know. Another officer piped in and said that he thinks you only have to do it online.

Me: I checked online and according to the state all i needed to do was notify online.

Officer: well i would check on that and get it changed anyways. I dont want to tell you to do something that isnt the law.

on the bright side i had a good interaction 10 mins before all this with a TGOer when i bough his p3AT.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Officer: well they need to be the same you see.

I am calling BS on that, if they had to Match, the DMV would use the picture on file or they would update the existing picture.

Seems he just made that up on the spot I believe.

It is just random chance my driver license was updated about 3 months before I did my HCP and when I got my HCP, I noticed I was wearing the same shirt but I have 2 different groofy grins.

When did he ask you where your gun was? From your post it seems like it was as soon as he approached, so I don't get that. And, did you notify him you had 4 in the car?

It is just random chance my driver license was updated about 3 months before I did my HCP and when I got my HCP, I noticed I was wearing the same shirt but I have 2 different groofy grins.

As long as both grins are goofy I doubt they ever notice the difference :D

And you must have one of these.

4200.jpg

Good one, I had to look close to see why you did that, but with the picture I knew what I was looking for. Nope I don't have that cert either, I almost did it, but I could not get my dad to sign off on the consent form when I wanted to take it. I know, nothing holding me back now but my interested are in other places currently.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I thought when I went for my HCP that they would use the DL pic on file but they did not.

Him telling you that they had to match can be translated into English as "I have no idea what I am talking about":)

On my DL I have a military haircut, on the HCP my hair is to my shoulders. The Ugly remains the same however.:)

Guest tnxdshooter
I am calling BS on that, if they had to Match, the DMV would use the picture on file or they would update the existing picture.

Seems he just made that up on the spot I believe.

Would have asked for his supervisor to show up on the scene so he can "Explain the law" to this ignoramous cop.

Guest rockbottom12

The car is regestered in my wife's dad's name, he has his hcp. as soon as he approached he asked where. I told him. I was respectful and honest. I had just purchased one from a TGO member some 15 mins earlier.

from his words his supervisor didnt know. he said there was a guy in the unit who had recently moved and had experienced it.

From Car Registration they should have no clue whether you or your wife even have a HCP is my understanding, the databases are not linked. They should not have that info until they

A. Ask

B. Run Driver License number and check

Not a lawyer.

However maybe he had a clue, any bumper stickers similar to the following

pro_gun_bumper_sticker-p128313053765019349trl0_400.jpg

No-Guns-No-Peace-Stickers.gif

bs100.gif

bs371.gif

bs372.gif

Edited by vontar

The photos don't have to match. I believe the policy for DOS is if you go in for HCP application or renewal in person they must take a new photo. As far as the speeding most drivers don't pay enough attention to notice an officer or don't understand way the radar or lidar operates. If you believe you are innocent take it to court. Yes on some systems the registered owner of the vehicle's license info pops up after running registration. There comes your HCP link. I don't personally care if someone has a permit on my stops I don't even ask about it.

Guest rockbottom12

Well I was speeding I wont deny that. It wont matter as far as the price tag. their tickets go from 1mph - 25 over so it only makes him look better for tagging me in the 35. No stickers(dont want the car to get broke into, let alone the issues if i have to use force).