EDC Beretta 92

So I decided to carry my Beretta 92F this summer. I usually carry an old Taurus Milenium. I've gotta say I'm surprised at how easily I am able to conceal such a beast of a gun with my regular summer attire. I've carried it in the winter quite a bit but didn't think I could go unnoticed with the Beretta on.

I'm using a home made IWB leather contraption I made. (Pics for those interested) It won't win any beauty contests but It's really comfortable and after carrying for all these years I don't hardly notice the weight increase. I'm 6' 210lbs(and shrinking). I usually wear loose T-shirts and shorts. I'm thinking I may retire the Taurus.

Does anyone else carry such a monster sized gun?

-southernaslylum

SAM_1689.jpg

SAM_1690.jpgSAM_1693.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strelcevina

Sorry but got to tell you . You showing bad. Big beretta is piling your pants down. And I would noticed from a mile that you packing heat.

Anyway I got beretta 96.,, most coolest looking handgun in the world :confused:

Tried to carry many times and I can't hide it at all. And I'm 5.11-180lb.

Beretta is not made to be hidden .

Guest jackdm3

96 Elite here. You'd feel better with a stronger gun belt. I wear dark shirts cut like that one with no detection and find that rotating it to around 3 o' clock makes it disappear unless bending and reaching for things in stores. I'm only 5'9" and 170. Been carrying this for 10 years.

Guest jackdm3

I've been using the same two-ply Don Hume $65 one for 10 years as well. You can't beat legitimate gun belts! I tried thick regular belts but they couldn't take it very long.

Guest Lester Weevils

I only have a generic retention-strap nylon holster for the 92. It can work either IWB or OWB. In IWB mode, the 92 does not seem especially compatible with the roll of fat around my middle. Dunno if a better IWB holster would improve that situation.

On a whim I got a safe packer sized for the 92, thinking of owb carry with it for hiking and such. But a safe packer sized for the 92 is freaking huge! Haven't carried it on a hike. Dunno if I could get used to something that big hanging off the side. On the plus side, the safe packer appears that it would protect and retain the pistol for about any activity.

Toting the 92 into walmart in that huge safe packer would seem extremely obvious to me. Folks would either assume gun, or some big honkin medical device.

Guest DanE479

Before I got my Glock 19 (only a couple of weeks before moving), my daily carry was either a Beretta 92, or a Glock 21. I've never had any issues with concealing either one. I use an OWB Yaqui Slide holster by G&G for quite some time.

Strel: Who cares if a person in the know (legal carrier, or police officer) can spot a subtle sign you are carrying? Good guys use holsters, bad guys are lazy. You're nitpicking him.

Good for you southernasylum.