Bat senses kicked in and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Whew!

Links2k

Glad it wasn't anything after all, but I get the same

way when I get off work and go to the market for

coffee. Last night, trash was everywhere and I do

a little check of doors and feel for my Glock while

looking at cars for something wrong. I've become

more attentive of my surroundings, also.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it wasn't anything after all, but I get the same

way when I get off work and go to the market for

coffee. Last night, trash was everywhere and I do

a little check of doors and feel for my Glock while

looking at cars for something wrong. I've become

more attentive of my surroundings, also.

It has to be second nature like breathing.

Today walking out of work (where I am not allowed to be armed) spider sense kicked in.

We have 2 main entrances. There was one guy in a wife beater shirt closer to the other one outside.

Old kinda beat up looking Chevy Camaro. He looked like he did not belong there.

There was good light, it was about 4pm, I could see him with a cell phone he was talking on, kept an eye on him and got to my truck. Once in my truck, felt good and kept an eye on him. He got in his car and drove off.

This Holiday weekend, he seemed out of place considering the place I work.

It was just one of those, keep an eye on him, he was about 50 yards away from me so unless he just happened to pull a ranged weapon on me, I had time to react. Also, he was clearly paying more attention to his cell phone then me.

• 1 month later...
Guest tnxdshooter

Here about a month and a half ago I went to visit a buddy in athens and I stopped at the valley mart bp there near mcminn county high school that I worked at years ago to get me something to drink on the way home. As I was coming out there were two dudes with dreads out there in a car and they had their window down eye ballin me. I got to my car and still had my back to them but could see them in the window. I had to raise up my long shirt tail just a tad to get my car keys out of my pocket (normally I have em already in hand but for some reason this day I didnt). Anyways, when I raised my shirt up those two saw the handle of my XD 40 that I was concealed carrying in my dm bullard dual carry. I opened the door to get in the car and as I was stepping in I heard one of them say well that dude is not a good person to try. I can only assume rob but who knows.

I opened the door to get in the car and as I was stepping in I heard one of them say well that dude is not a good person to try. I can only assume rob but who knows.

Nah, that mostly means fight. That colloquialism is a verb phrase often inferred during the beginning or a deterrent to an altercation. As in "He don't wanna try me."

I am fluent in Jive.