When the cat is away the mice will play...

TGO David

• Administrator

I've had a few emails, PMs and IMs from folks who knew I was traveling this week, warning me that the mice have been playing. I'm inclined to laugh, but at the same time I'm afraid to look. :ugh:

At any rate, yours truly is typing this presently from the amazing Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA. Home of Fruits and Nuts, but also home this week of VMworld 2010.

155545517-a7c2ae7ce27fc054ddb4a8c8c949441f.4c800240-scaled.jpg

Today's the last day and I'm soon on my return flights back home. I promise everyone I'll dig into all of the various goings on that I've missed on TGO for the past week as soon as I get my feet back on the ground and have caught up with my family.

Apologies if things got out of control in my absence. The mods do a great job but sometimes even they get overrun. I'll try to restore balance to the Force soon. :D

In the meantime, feel free to use this thread for a repository (or is it suppository) of San Francisco jokes. ;)

Oh, coincidentally enough while I was riding the BART (Bay Area Rapit Transit) last night at about 11:30pm local-time, I ran into an older gentleman proudly wearing an NRA hat and carrying a Taser International duffel with an Ann Coulter book peeking out from the side pocket. I was sure to compliment him on his choice of accouterments and struck up a brief conversation with him. I think we both exited the bus happy to have found someone else with conservative leanings in such a liberal city.

Just something to keep in mind, I suppose. Despite the freakishness of SanFran, there are some really good people out here. It's a shame most of them will perish when California finally slides off into the ocean. :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I thought you got taken out by an air hockey puck while lounging in a bean bag chair?!?

So, does In and Out Burger take on a new meaning in Sanfran?

Dude, I had an In and Out burger my first day here and that was one time too many. These people need a Five Guys Burgers And Fries. They have no clue what good fast burgers are.

Dude, I had an In and Out burger my first day here and that was one time too many. These people need a Five Guys Burgers And Fries. They have no clue what good fast burgers are.

No, but I bet they'd give you a "slider" if you asked.

Makes me think about when people talk about California bar-b-que. No such thing in my opinion.

In your absence I have taken the mods hostage and haxored the servers. All threads have been strategically controlled and Salma Hayek's image inserted randomly throughout the forum by my minions. All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA HA.