Il Duce

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58837552.jpg

Mommie-Not-So-Dearest triumphed over "The Good Wife."

Katey Sagal, who plays the ruthless matriarch of an outlaw motorcycle gang in FX's "Sons of Anarchy," scored the first upset of the Golden Globes ceremony when she won for lead actress in a television drama, beating out popular favorites Julianna Margulies in "The Good Wife" and Kyra Sedgwick in "The Closer."

"I'm so shocked, but I am prepared," she said as she began her acceptance speech.

But Sagal's win was especially sweet for the actress and "Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter, given the hoopla that erupted last year when the cable network's most popular series failed to nab any nominations. Critics hailed the drama and singled out Sagal, whose character endured several intense storylines, including being brutally beaten and raped by a white surpremacist.

Sutter, married to Sagal, fired off several scathing tweets on his blog blasting Emmy voters and taking a particularly nasty shot at nominee Mariska Hargitay ("Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"). Industry insiders said Sutter alienated academy members and potentially jeopardized the drama's chances for award consideration.

Sagal, best known for her role as the daffy Peg Bundy in "Married…With Children," paid special tribute to Sutter during her acceptance: "Sweetheart, I love you. I'm so glad you're the boss of me."

Appearing backstage moments later, Sagal said, "[Kurt] is super happy for me. This honors our show as well as honors me. So I give this to him, and we'll see what he does with it. I am proudly holding it."

Way to go Katey and SOA!

• 5 months later...

Saw on TV this weekend an ad for a new TV show coming up, staring the actress that played agent Stahl. She plays a tough lady cop. Don't remember the station it's coming on, maybe TNT. The show didn't seem all that interesting to me, but we'll see.

Guest WyattEarp

best damn show on television right now. Season 3 comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray on August 3rd! Can't wait! already have Seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray. Ready for Season 4 to kickoff in September.

SONS OF ANARCHY Season 3 DVD And BLURAY Release Details

Release Date : 8/3/2011

Bonus :

* Bainne (Extended Episode)

* June Wedding (Extended Episode)

* Commentary on 'So' featuring Kurt Sutter, Dave Erickson, Chris Collins, Regina Corrado, Liz Sagal and Marco Ramirez

* Commentary on 'Firinne' featuring Kurt Sutter, Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff

* Commentary on 'NS' featuring Kurt Sutter, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Pearlman, Mark Boone Jr., Kim Coates, Tommy Flanagn, Theo Rossi and Dayton Callie

* "So" Extended Scenes

* "Bainne" Extended Scenes

* "June Wedding" Extended Scenes

* Season 3 Bridge Pieces

* Writers Roundtable

* Bike Customizer

* Directing the Finale with Kurt Sutter

* "NS" Table read with Cast

* Gag-Reel

* Deleted Scenes

* Fox Movie Channel Presents World Premiere: Sons of Anarchy Season 3

Sons-Of-Anarchy-Season-3-Bluray.jpg

Saw on TV this weekend an ad for a new TV show coming up, staring the actress that played agent Stahl. She plays a tough lady cop. Don't remember the station it's coming on, maybe TNT. The show didn't seem all that interesting to me, but we'll see.

It's called The Protector. I saw the first episode and was not to impressed. It is hard seeing her as a good detective after her character on SOA.

It's called The Protector. I saw the first episode and was not to impressed. It is hard seeing her as a good detective after her character on SOA.

That's what I told the wife. She murdered her lesbian roommate and was a psycho biatch in SOA. This probably wasn't the best character choice right now for her career. :D

Perceptions matter; just ask Charlie Sheen.

Guest WyattEarp
Looks like the SOA cast has been busy this off season. I see now that Charlie Hunnam (aka Jax) is starring in a new movie, "The Ledge", with Liv Tyler.

Heres the trailer:

IMDb Video: The Ledge

looks pretty good. should be interesting