Got a deal on a shotgun that I couldn't pass up

BigK

I was checking out ArmsList.com on my lunch break today and ran into an old ad for a shotgun for sale.

Item Price:
$175.00

I have a brand new Mossberg 500A with a 28" bbl and wood furnishings. I am including 25 rounds of 00 buckshot and a rifle bag. I need to sell this as soon as possible to pay help pay for school needs.

Dig this, the ad was listed on 8/16 and I was the first to respond!? He called me back and I met him at On Target in Murfreesboro an hour or two later to look it over. He wasn't kidding; the gun is brand new. The rifle sleeve and 5 boxes of buckshot were nice to have too.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An 18.5 barrel is available on line for little money as well as synthetic fore grips and stocks. That will allow you to save the wood furniture and have a more versatile weapon.

You might be able to do a WTB for synthetic furniture. If you were closer I would offer you some.

Edited by Desert Rat
I'm glad you enjoy it, lol! I bet you'd rather I sold you my Desert Eagle for that price though right?

Yeah, the DE was nice, but I couldn't afford to feed that beast anyway. Thanks again for the good deal and good luck with school. What's your major, BTW?

nice score. I would have bough that. What choke does it have?

now slap a black synthetic and a pistol grip, hack saw the barrel to 18.5", 3+1 mag extension on it. ..... just kidding. What are you gonna do with it? hunt? HD?

I didn't get it until around 7:00 last night. All I did so far was check basic functionality and finish. So, I honestly don't know what choke it came with. Maybe Keinengel can tell us both?

As far as mods go, I really like the wood and the 28" barrel. That's exactly what I was looking for and it fits my plans better. I wanted an entry level shotgun I could afford, so my son and I could give skeet shooting a try. I'd like to use it for hunting too, but alas, I have no place to hunt and don't know anyone who does.

What choke does it have?

I finally unscrewed the choke tube and it's a Modified tube. I used a quarter to unscrew it, since I don't have a choke wrench. Will this cause damage or will it be ok? I'm gonna try shooting skeet with it, so I'll probably be leaving the skeet choke in for HD. Should I get a choke wrench anyway?

Guest Keinengel

I'm nor the biggest shotgun buff so I'm not sure about the choke. I'm sure it was factory though. I finally got the chance to take the DE44 to the range today and it was a BLAST, no pun intended. I'll post a show and tell pic about that later. And by the way I'm majoring in Civil Engineering.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I'm nor the biggest shotgun buff so I'm not sure about the choke. I'm sure it was factory though. I finally got the chance to take the DE44 to the range today and it was a BLAST, no pun intended. I'll post a show and tell pic about that later. And by the way I'm majoring in Civil Engineering.

You @ MTSU?

Guest Glock23ForMe
TN Tech. Just started. The drive to cookeville is gonna kill me in that SUV.

OUCH! Yes it is... It'd be cheaper to buy a house in Cookeville, :poop:, than to make the drive a few days a week for 4 years.

Guest Keinengel

Yeah ain't that the truth. I've had to drive to Alabama and back every day to work before when I lived in manchester. and between the 3-4 hours of sleep every night and the car that tore itse;f to pieces going up and down that mountain every day I've kinda had it with long drives. I am going to end up moving closer to school most likely.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Yeah... It's rough on you AND the vehicle... That's the worst part. If either part could handle it, it would be great, but neither one can...

I did it for a while, too, btw.

I'm nor the biggest shotgun buff so I'm not sure about the choke. I'm sure it was factory though. I finally got the chance to take the DE44 to the range today and it was a BLAST, no pun intended. I'll post a show and tell pic about that later.

No worries, I figured it out and picked up a couple of extra choke tubes this weekend before I took it out to shoot skeet, which I'm apparently not too good at. I hope that 44 didn't beat you up as bad as 50 rounds through that Mossberg did me, LOL.

And by the way I'm majoring in Civil Engineering.
TN Tech. Just started. The drive to cookeville is gonna kill me in that SUV.

Cool, good luck at Tech. It's a small world btw...I went to TTU when I was just out of HS (lucky enough to get a full academic scholarship). My major was chemical engineering. Thank God I didn't have your commute, ouch!