OK. What's the damage?

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

2 weeks ago I came across some pics from '04 of my worst car crash. I had to scan them as all my boss had at the time was 35MM. Hope you can see them anyway.

This prick was late to work one morning and the witnesses said to rush through the light, he was going over 50 MPH. But because I was in the far right lane and left two lanes were filled with SUVs, I couldn't see why those lanes weren't advancing with our green light. I proceeded as there were no cars ahead of me. All I saw was a dark flash, a grill and then me getting knocked over to the far right corner's curb and up a small hill, rolling back down it, and drowsy. When I started to come out of it, I was saddened by the fact that cars were EVERYWHERE during morning rushhour but no one came to check on me. Then I noticed I couldn't feel anything below my waist. I tried to scream but nothing came out. A minute or so later, the feeling came back and that's when I noticed that his car ran my door into my left thigh and punctured it. I healed quickly, but I was overjoyed with the affirmation of the #1 reason why I bought that Lincoln: It's built like a tank and it was bought as a line of protection. We're always casually looking for another Town Car.

The upside is that the car was scheduled for a paint job after two weeks of delays!

scan0005.jpg

Perfect shot!:rolleyes:

scan0004.jpg

That dash is supposed to be straight, right?

So I was wondering what sort damage you guys could show us.

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

Ahh heck Jack if you are going to wreck one WRECK the darn thing:p

First go airborne off the end of a guard rail, (Do have presence of mind to unhook seatbelt while still in the air and lay over in seat...this is VERY important;)) nose dive the front. Do one end over end and then do two complete rollovers then slide 70 feet upside down.

Listen to Cops say no need for Jaws of Life because no one could live thru it. They knew this because they had watched it all.:rolleyes:

Crawl into back and smash out window with seatbelt clip and walk over to gathered cops and see them look like they have seen a ghost.

Do not receive a scratch......And do it all sober.

And this WAS a baby Lincoln, the Merc Marquis, and I DO love me a town car I was looking for another when I bought this one 3 months before the wreck. I am also always looking for a deal on a Town Car.

They save lives......We are both living proof. But had I not unhooked that seatbelt....well you can see the drivers top.:D

I do have more pics, I just cant find them at the moment dashboard you say? most of it was in the floor, radio was in the back seat.

102_2288.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Joe
Guest drv2fst

posted before but if we are having a contest... I left the pavement airborne going about 140mph. Tried to control car after landing but couldn't. Did manage to scrub off some speed before flipping it. Only flipped twice. It was a special edition 1 of 20 ever made.

MobileMe Gallery

web.jpg?ver=12410449060001

posted before but if we are having a contest... I left the pavement airborne going about 140mph. Tried to control car after landing but couldn't. Did manage to scrub off some speed before flipping it. Only flipped twice. It was a special edition 1 of 20 ever made.

MobileMe Gallery

web.jpg?ver=12410449060001

Well that explains your user name :rolleyes:

All the 911's run together for me (since I can't afford nary a one :rolleyes: ) but isn't that the one they call the "WHALE TAIL" ?

I buy wrecks and rebuild them(front end totals), but

you guys go over and beyond. Glad you guys are

okay. Jack, my wife's 99 Continental would have folded

in two the way yours was hit. Lucky you.

Guest uofmeet

This happened to my sisters car.....flipped twice....

DSCF1425.JPG[b]

[/b]Surprisingly, the sunroof didn't even have a crack it it.

DSCF1451.JPG

The trooper said he was surprised on how well it survived the crash(the car)

oh, and no foul play happened to form this accident, stupid tire blowing out sent him into a hill and it rolled....

tire was rubbing agaisn't the parking break cable......

DSCF1431.JPG

Guest KimberChick

Jack, that was at the light at Prescott and Barron/Rhodes wasn't it? I HATED going through that light everyday because it had no all-red delay on it. Lots of horrible crashes there.

Guest drv2fst
Well that explains your user name :screwy:

All the 911's run together for me (since I can't afford nary a one :shake: ) but isn't that the one they call the "WHALE TAIL" ?

Whale tail refers to non turbos from 75 to 89 that use the tail for downforce. This, and all turbos of the same period use a tea tray tail that looks similar to the whale tail but also adds more room for the intercooler.

This car was one of twenty sold in the us to legitimize their race car as a production car.

This was my 5th Porsche 911 turbo and my 9th fast car. Not at the same time, I trade cars often. Probably will be my last fast car as well.

I drive a suv now and much slower

Guest KimberChick
Chickie, how the hell did you know that!?

The picture was taken in the southbound lanes of Prescott looking north, from the corner where the daycare is. That duplex and those townhomes will be on your right when headed south and Sherwood would be on your left.

I know this because:

1. I used to take Highland/Prescott to Lamar to get to work every day, at two different places;

and,

2. I'm the Rain Man of situational observation(i.e. I notice people, places, things and actions) and I have no idea why I'm able to do it and retain it.

Sentra001.jpg

Sentra003.jpg

Sentra007.jpg

I've no clue what happened. I remember driving down Old hickory Blvd. then I woke up spitting blood in the passenger seat. Happened about 4 years ago at 9:30 in the morning. I wasn't buckled up. I hit everything in the front of the car. Broke my nose, left cheekbone, left elbow, left knee, and sprained my left ankle.

My buddy that I worked with at the office came out on the calls with me, drove, measured the properties, and helped me around.

I got to hobble around on sales calls looking like this.

pic1.jpg

It just screamed, "Please buy stuff from me!"

Mike

Guest Sgt. Joe
I buy wrecks and rebuild them(front end totals), but

you guys go over and beyond. Glad you guys are

okay. Jack, my wife's 99 Continental would have folded

in two the way yours was hit. Lucky you.

I dont know man, I have driven a lot of Lincolns in my time and other than a 98 TC that was about the same gold color as the Marquis in the pic but had "Three Stage Translucent" paint, (changes colors) my 2001 Continental was the one I miss the most.

I only kept it for about a year or so and traded it for the above mentioned TC but it sure felt solid as a rock while I had it. And I guess it was a good thing I did not have to test that theory with it and was able to make a buck off of it.

There was a time when I most always traded (down) with cars and would leave the dealer with another car and a check rather than a debt. Those were the days before my trip to the sandbox and subsequent injury limiting my income. Boy I sure miss those days.

My first Lincoln was one of them that had the suicide back doors, although I never could keep that thing running I was hooked on them. I have always had Town Cars with the one Continental the exception, I really miss that car. That one and a 1986 IROC Camero that I am still amazed that I survived owning.:)

Now I know this bunch has torn up more stuff than has been posted.....Come on yall Own UP:)

Guest drv2fst

Don't know about pistols but I had a shotgun in the car when I had my wreck. I asked the officer working the wreck if he would keep it in his car until my brother arrived to get it. He kept it there until my brother picked it up a few minutes later.

Good question though what if you have a pistol and are unconscious? Maybe a LEO will chime in with procedure.

on another note, what happens when you are carrying a gun and get in a serious accident? Do the paramedics disarm you if you are unconscious or will police do it?

Sorry - missed this thread yesterday somehow.

The medics won't touch it. They call for one of us to come over and get it. Usually, if you are out of it, we'll take the gun and put it in the property room. We leave a property receipt with your belongings that go to the hospital with you. When you're mo better, you can come and pick it up. If there is a close family member (parent, spouse, etc.) on the scene, sometimes we'll leave it with them (unloaded for legal transport if they don't have a HCP).

As far as pics, I really wish I could post some here that I've worked, but it's against my department's policy. Crashes are about all I do and I've got pics of some whoppers.

Mike - buckle up! The airbags suck, but not nearly as bad when you're restrained!

here are two Polaroids of me when I was 15. My face went through the windshield of my friends 1989 Chrysler Le baron Convertible. I was riding shotgun and another friend was in the back seat. We had the top down heading to the flea market at the fairgrounds. Our attention was on this nice looking young lady bent over getting something out of the back of a Bronco. We all turned back to look at the road at the same time but it was too late. My buddy ran into the back end of an SUV sitting still with his left blinker on waiting to turn off of Central. Of course we were to cool to wear our seat belts. I never get in a front seat now without wearing one.

13 stitches total. 5 in my cheek, 7 in my nose, and 1 in my upper lip. My bottom teeth went throuh my bottom lip and the left side of my nose was turned into a flap and was flipped over on the right side of my nose. I was told my left eyebrow would never grow back (thank GOD it did). I was still picking glass out of my forehead 2 days later. Needless to say it hurt.

JasonsWreck.jpg

Edited by memphismason
I never get in a front seat now without wearing one.

I used to be that way, up until I saw what someone's head in the back seat can do to someone's head in the front seat. Please, please, please wear it in the back seat too. My old way of thinking about being a second row passenger (that you'd be "stopped" by the front seats) was blown completely out of the water.

Jack, that was at the light at Prescott and Barron/Rhodes wasn't it? I HATED going through that light everyday because it had no all-red delay on it. Lots of horrible crashes there.

I noticed that intersection also. What were you doing over there buying crack?

I used to be that way, up until I saw what someone's head in the back seat can do to someone's head in the front seat. Please, please, please wear it in the back seat too. My old way of thinking about being a second row passenger (that you'd be "stopped" by the front seats) was blown completely out of the water.

ouch, I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a seatbelt no matter where you are sitting. It's just stupid.

If you go through all the trouble to carry a gun for protection why wouldn't you buckle up? (kb, not talking about you specifically, just ppl in general)