tire rotation

Mike.357

Mileage also depends on the type of tire, not just the manufacturer or price. My wife's Fusion has speed-rated Goodyear Eagle radials and they're good for about 40,000 miles max.

Eagles are good tires, but don't have the treadwear rating. You might try the Assurance TripleTreads.

They have a much longer life and do quite well in rain. Quiet also.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a roommate once that worked at NTB. He told me the old bias-ply tires had to be rotated front to back, but most radials didn't matter.

My factory tires were crap (23k miles). The guy at Goodyear says the factories don't usually use high mileage tires. The replacements have over 39k and still look great.

My tires are rotated RF to LR and LF to RR every other time and then front to back every other time. This means a tire doesn't go back on same wheel for 18K miles. I was told this is optimum for even wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys re-balance at every rotation or when? I didn't this first time, had 18K miles on them;):screwy:, and they seem to have done ok. Had a little vibration at 65mph, but that has gone away, figured it was just the ware pattern smoothing out.

Do you guys re-balance at every rotation or when? I didn't this first time, had 18K miles on them;):screwy:, and they seem to have done ok. Had a little vibration at 65mph, but that has gone away, figured it was just the ware pattern smoothing out.

I don't unless there is something obvious. Probably was the wear pattern. If a weight

didn't fly off, that is. But you can usually tell when that happens.

The Assurance tires aren't speed-rated and the dealer can't/won't sell them to me to replace the speed-rated tires. It seems to be a liability issue for them. I'm not sure they're available in the size the Fusion uses, so I might have to change wheels too.

Guest jackdm3
The Assurance tires aren't speed-rated and the dealer can't/won't sell them to me to replace the speed-rated tires. It seems to be a liability issue for them. I'm not sure they're available in the size the Fusion uses, so I might have to change wheels too.

Can you take them off yourself, and have whoever put on whatever you want? Or is this a dealer-required thing?

I didn't know the Fusion required speed rated tires. That's interesting.

Anyway, I'd put them on if I could. They're much better tires. I've had Eagles

and though they were good, they just didn't last long enough for me.

BTW, according to Tirerack, they do have a "H" speed rating (up to 130mph)

Assurance Tripletread, that is. Maybe they require a faster tire. Fusion is a neat car,

but I didn't know they had that much pep. I'll have to try one out.