SO NOW I'M CONFUSED----

One of the local gun shops here has posted a link covering the newest laws concerning handgun carry. In one link it stated it was an offense for anyone to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol for onsite consumption. I thought that law was overturned so am I really confused? Someone help me out.......:)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all resources are updated as quickly as others.

www.michie.com/tennessee only updates in Sept/Oct

If you want to see the status of a bill you can always go Tennessee General Assembly » Advanced Bill Search If it as passed (such as SB3012) it will give a link to the Public Chapter version of it.

Or you can search all new laws at Tennessee Department of State: Publications and Click on Public Acts Search

None legal/binding signs don't mean anything to me.

If a place has a sign that says "Management not responsible for bad service" does that mean you won't complain if something is done wrong?

FWIW the new law (SB3012) also removed the requirements that places post the ABC signs. How soon they'll come down, who knows?

Please correct me if Im wrong....just want to be clear so that I dont run into any problems.

As of now it's...

I can carry in a place where alcohol is served for onsite consumption...IF said place is licensed as a restaurant....and only if the the owner(s) have nothing posted.

And of course, only if I am not drinking.

Please correct me if Im wrong....just want to be clear so that I dont run into any problems.

As of now it's...

I can carry in a place where alcohol is served for onsite consumption...IF said place is licensed as a restaurant....and only if the the owner(s) have nothing posted.

And of course, only if I am not drinking.

That is wrong.... It does not have to be a restaurant.

SB3012 completely repealed 39-17-1305.

So you can carry ANY place that serves alcohol for onsite consumption, so long as it not posted per 39-17-1359 and you are not consuming.

That is wrong.... It does not have to be a restaurant.

SB3012 completely repealed 39-17-1305.

So you can carry ANY place that serves alcohol for onsite consumption, so long as it not posted per 39-17-1359 and you are not consuming.

Thanks for clearing that up FallGuy.