Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ast time I checked

N****R is not a race

Err, it's a racist term as it's a derogatory term based solely on the person's race - redneck is not.

Call me pedantic, but words have meaning, and the fact the race card is played so much has undermined the ugliness of that particular form of bigotry.

Guest jackdm3

Worked on a redneck's truck at my auto job years ago. His truck got repo'd from our property, but not before the foreman looked through it. The dude had a tape of Randy Newman's "Rednecks" recorded in the late '70s. It's anti-redneck but I really don't think the owner knew Randy was laughing at him. Or maybe the owner celebrated the sentiment.

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show

With some smart ass New York Jew

And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox

And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too

Well he may be a fool but he's our fool

If they think they're better than him they're wrong

So I went to the park and I took some paper along

And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here

We drink too much and we laugh too loud

We're too dumb to make it in no Northern town

And we're keepin' the n*****s down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas

And good ol' boys from Tennessee

And colleges men from LSU

Went in dumb. Come out dumb too

Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes

Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues

And they're keepin' the n*****s down

CHORUS

We're rednecks, rednecks

And we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground

We're rednecks, we're rednecks

And we're keeping the n*****s down

Now your northern n****r's a Negro

You see he's got his dignity

Down here we're too ignorant to realize

That the North has set the n****r free

Yes he's free to be put in a cage

In Harlem in New York City

And he's free to be put in a cage on the South-Side of Chicago

And the West-Side

And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland

And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis

And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco

And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston

They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around

Keepin' the n*****s down

Worked on a redneck's truck at my auto job years ago. His truck got repo'd from our property, but not before the foreman looked through it. The dude had a tape of Randy Newman's "Rednecks" recorded in the late '70s. It's anti-redneck but I really don't think the owner knew Randy was laughing at him. Or maybe the owner celebrated the sentiment.

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show

With some smart ass New York Jew

And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox

And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too

Well he may be a fool but he's our fool

If they think they're better than him they're wrong

So I went to the park and I took some paper along

And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here

We drink too much and we laugh too loud

We're too dumb to make it in no Northern town

And we're keepin' the n*****s down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas

And good ol' boys from Tennessee

And colleges men from LSU

Went in dumb. Come out dumb too

Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes

Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues

And they're keepin' the n*****s down

CHORUS

We're rednecks, rednecks

And we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground

We're rednecks, we're rednecks

And we're keeping the n*****s down

Now your northern n****r's a Negro

You see he's got his dignity

Down here we're too ignorant to realize

That the North has set the n****r free

Yes he's free to be put in a cage

In Harlem in New York City

And he's free to be put in a cage on the South-Side of Chicago

And the West-Side

And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland

And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis

And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco

And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston

They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around

Keepin' the n*****s down

Most won't realize what that song means and instead you'll be called a racist.

Old song. Most folks got it.

Did you take a poll or something? Or just taking a jab at my age? Put that post up on some media website and you won't have to wait long. I have no problem with it. There is a lot of reading comprehension failure all over the interwebz. In fact, go strum that little tune down on Cumberland Avenue on UT campus and see how it goes over. I don't know how you sing an asterisk, so I guess you'll need to use the actual word.

Did you take a poll or something? Or just taking a jab at my age? Put that post up on some media website and you won't have to wait long. I have no problem with it. There is a lot of reading comprehension failure all over the interwebz. In fact, go strum that little tune down on Cumberland Avenue on UT campus and see how it goes over. I don't know how you sing an asterisk, so I guess you'll need to use the actual word.

Most of my friends got it.

No, not taking a jab at your age at all. Why would I do that? I know the song, and a whole lotta Randy Newman's work.

Edited by mikegideon

I daresay that at least half of the folks who would hum along to "Short People" on the radio had no clue as to it's message either.

- OS

Err, it's a racist term as it's a derogatory term based solely on the person's race - redneck is not.

Call me pedantic, but words have meaning, and the fact the race card is played so much has undermined the ugliness of that particular form of bigotry.

Me, either. I actually aspire to pick up some redneck traits as I grow older...

Actually wiki shows the word redneck as a derogatory remark also, but I guess you can explain that away because it's only derogatory to that particular editor at that time. I know good ol websters showed both words as meaning something different back when it was in a book with paper pages and not on a site where every jackass can alter it to fit their needs.

And no offense to Mike but how is he using it in a non derogatory way ?

It's no different than that actress using it to describe someone the other day and was called out for it. Something along the lines of "dumb redneck". I promise saying that in the wrong group of "good ol boys" or "country boys" where I'm at could have you in a fist fight or more.

While not the exact same topic there is a similar thread with a similar points being made concerning islam, mulims and mosques but not rednecks going on at lightfighter. Something about an interesting video on the 9/11 mosque or something. Surprising that some of the same arguments made here are made there.

Actually wiki shows the word redneck as a derogatory remark also, but I guess you can explain that away because it's only derogatory to that particular editor at that time.

I said (and you quoted) "it's a racist term as it's a derogatory term based solely on the person's race".

RIF.