Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2
I wouldn't be surprised if we later find out that this was staged, done by pro- mosque folks to try and garner sympathy.

Or the greenie terrorists. I've read about them setting fire to SUVs and construction equipment before.

I was thinking that same thing.. that one of there own prob did it, before i even opened the thread up to read it!

I wouldn't be surprised if we later find out that this was staged, done by pro- mosque folks to try and garner sympathy.

Or the greenie terrorists. I've read about them setting fire to SUVs and construction equipment before.

I was thinking that same thing.. that one of there own prob did it, before i even opened the thread up to read it!
It is easy to believe that. Those things do happen.

Wow, I must say I find this immediate bent rather surprising even for TGO.

FordGuy, I'm most keen to know what possible motive "greenie terrorists" would have in the matter?

- OS

FordGuy, I'm most keen to know what possible motive "greenie terrorists" would have in the matter?

- OS

None, specifically related to the mosque. However, groups like the Earth Liberation Front have been known for burning construction and logging equipment across the country, along with 'gas guzzlers' and other vehicles that find deem harmful to the planet. While it's probably unlikely, gasoline poured over construction equipment does seem to be in line with their usual method.

Earth Liberation Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ELF then set fire to the Michigan State University on New Years Eve, using a gasoline bomb to cause $1.1 million in damages, because of their GMO-engineering. The next day, commercial logging equipment was set on fire, with "ELF" and "Go Log in Hell" spraypainted on a truck. In March 2008, four activists were charged for both the arsons

2001 In March, a total of thirty SUVs were torched, belonging to Joe Romania's dealership, in Oregon, with damages estimated at $1 million. The action was claimed in support of Jeff "Free" Luers, who targeted the very same dealership and was in court for the charges at the time.[45] He was then sentenced to twenty-two years in jail, later revised to ten.

2009 On March 23 the ELF claim the burning of an excavator in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. In one of many recent anonymous communiques, the ELF reported to Bite Back; "Maybe we have not collapsed the system of domination with these actions, but it begins with actions like these."[63]

On September 4 ELF claimed responsibility for using a stolen excavator to overturn two AM radio towers belonging to station KRKO near Seattle, Washington; they claimed that radio waves are dangerous.[64]

A Texas man was arrested after construction workers found a disabled construction vehicle grafiteed with the words "ANOTHER TRACTOR DECOMMISSIONED BY THE E.L.F." [65]

Again, while it's not real likely that this was an environmentalist related attack, it is indeed possible. As for the 'immediate bent', I also wouldn't be surprised that Bubba decided to torch it as an anti- Muslim attack. Regardless of the motivations behind it, I'm confident that the majority of media coverage will only take the "Ignorant, bigoted man attacks peaceful Islamic center" angle, so I wanted to mention the fact that there are other things to be considered, that might not get as much attention.

None, specifically related to the mosque. However, groups like the Earth Liberation Front have been known for burning construction and logging equipment across the country, along with 'gas guzzlers' and other vehicles that find deem harmful to the planet. While it's probably unlikely, gasoline poured over construction equipment does seem to be in line with their usual method.

Your extensive explanations have convinced me.

I concede there is about one chance in a billion that this was eco-terrorist related.

- OS

Your extensive explanations have convinced me.

I concede there is about one chance in a billion that this was eco-terrorist related.

- OS

It's not likely at all, but possible.

It just seems rather strange that there's the controversy in New York, then suddenly a Muslim cab driver is attacked, only to be in the Mayor's office within a few hours. Not days later, the equipment is burned at the Murfreesboro site. It could be exactly as it appears, but it seems just as likely that it's been done to garner sympathy for the Muslim community.

It's not likely at all, but possible.

It just seems rather strange that there's the controversy in New York, then suddenly a Muslim cab driver is attacked, only to be in the Mayor's office within a few hours. Not days later, the equipment is burned at the Murfreesboro site. It could be exactly as it appears, but it seems just as likely that it's been done to garner sympathy for the Muslim community.

Geez, don't you think that the traditional traits of fear, prejudice, retribution, racism, religious intolerance, and xenophobia in human nature are explanation enough?

Maybe you think that all the lynching of blacks in the US were self-propagated by the blacks to garner sympathy for racial equality? Especially those in TN?

- OS

I was in the Boro this weekend and one of my friends who lives there (I did for 4 years) said that the locals stood up and fought against the mosque. Many people made comments that they would burn the place down. I would not put it past good ole Southern folks to let some common law justice ring out against any pro-muslim buldings in the area. Just because NY bends over and takes it, doesn't mean that they can start building mosques in the Southern pro-Christian areas without some resistance.

If you travel outside of the Boro' especially towards Woodbury, I have friends who have run across burning crosses and KKK rally's. Not that I support that at all, but you have to realize the type of people your dealing with in the area. Even the quiet one's aren't going to take kindly to a bunch of towel heads no matter how civilized they claim to be, especially with the NY mosque so blatently slapping the U.S. in the face right now.

I have no problem with freedom of religion, however the muslum's need to realize and RESPECT the fact that this country is a Christian nation. You don't see us going over and building churches in Muslum countries....it would be an outrage. However they are just fine with bringing thier religion out so publicly in our country.

I'm sorry, but this is a Christian nation that is "tolerant" of other religions because the bible tells us to be, however when you want us to be tolerant of you, better be respectful of us.

This country seems to be going in the direction of extreme tolerance of religion passing the buck to the constitution, however the line is going to be drawn at some point.....I feel like it already has with the Ground Zero mosque. The only reason it doesn't piss me off that much is that I don't think radical Muslums were behind 9/11 :P

Edited by Kenstaroni
I was in the Boro this weekend and one of my friends who lives there (I did for 4 years) said that the locals stood up and fought against the mosque. Many people made comments that they would burn the place down. I would not put it past good ole Southern folks to let some common law justice ring out against any pro-muslim buldings in the area. Just because NY bends over and takes it, doesn't mean that they can start building mosques in the Southern pro-Christian areas without some resistance.

If you travel outside of the Boro' especially towards Woodbury, I have friends who have run across burning crosses and KKK rally's. Not that I support that at all, but you have to realize the type of people your dealing with in the area. Even the quiet one's aren't going to take kindly to a bunch of towel heads no matter how civilized they claim to be, especially with the NY mosque so blatently slapping the U.S. in the face right now.

I have no problem with freedom of religion, however the muslum's need to realize and RESPECT the fact that this country is a Christian nation. You don't see us going over and building churches in Muslum countries....it would be an outrage. However they are just fine with bringing thier religion out so publicly in our country.

I'm sorry, but this is a Christian nation that is "tolerant" of other religions because the bible tells us to be, however when you want us to be tolerant of you, better be respectful of us.

This country seems to be going in the direction of extreme tolerance of religion passing the buck to the constitution, however the line is going to be drawn at some point.....I feel like it already has with the Ground Zero mosque. The only reason it doesn't piss me off that much is that I don't think radical Muslums were behind 9/11 :P

You do realize that the mosque has been there for 30 years, and they've just outgrown their building, right? They're not "stopping" a mosque, they're stopping a building.

Guest mosinon

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Building Churches in Muslim countries

This ground zero debate is one the finest examples of media manipulation I recall.

Guest mosinon
And you think that would have happened with Saddam in power?

Crap man, I don't know. But that isn't the point. You said, and I go with the old school quotes here:

" You don't see us going over and building churches in Muslum countries....it would be an outrage. "

But it is happening and I don't see the outrage you mention. I don't see what good comes from burning down a a place of worship. If I'm a taliban recruiter it's a goldmine. Really, allowing our sensibilities to be dictated by the muslim world seems a bit backwards to me.

And you think that would have happened with Saddam in power?

Probably, if he were bribed enough.

Look, there are Christian churches AND Islamic mosques in most all countries in the world.

Indonesia has the most Muslims of all the countries in the world, and there are lots of Christian churches and schools there.

The fact there is a handful of Bronze Age countries that don't allow Christian churches does not mean the the US should embrace that primitive ideology.

Perhaps we should ban all religious edifices except the majority Christian ones. Bye bye Jews, Hindus, Shintos, etc etc.

Not so sure 'bout them Catholics, either -- they're not really Christians, are they?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Look guys, I am no expert on Christian churches in muslum countries, I stand corrected to some degree. Christians have always crusaded for thier beliefs, sometimes to a detrement to the cause. Iraq having a baptist church is great if the people want it, however my point was that Saddam would have never let it happen and the only reason it's there is because we were at war with Al Queda and took a detour into Iraq for some unexplained reason. The church is there because the U.S. is there. If the people want to be muslum then I'd rather see them do that than have Christianity driven down thier throats. I don't support any religion as the true gospel, there's no way to know that information. You can only take the best that any religion or practice offers and use it to help live a positive life and have a positive impact on others.

I have no problem with Muslum people or thier religion, however as a minority you should be aware of the big picture and if you push the buttons of the majority, expect at least some resistance. I don't agree with what's happened in Murfreesboro, however I am not surprised either.

I don't see what good comes from burning down a a place of worship. If I'm a taliban recruiter it's a goldmine.

I don't agree with or condone burning or destroying anything associated with the mosque/ community center. The fact remains though, that it is a powerful radicallizing tool. The radical Muslims can take this as an example to the non radical Muslims as how horrible and hateful the infidels are, and why they should be radical, too.