Fall weather

Are you ready for the Fall weather?!  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for the Fall weather?!

We comparing 'lectric bills now? Ours has run right around $150-$160 the past couple of months... and that's with us keeping it much cooler in here this season. ( 80 in the summer is our usual, but this year we've kept it closer to 74 or 75. )

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Oh, "Electric"? The electric portion was 73.99, but it's the stupid utility crap like:

Sewer: 10.17

Solid waste: 25.05 We don't get to burn our garbage on the porch like y'all.

Mosquito/rodent: .75 Don't mind that as much.

Storm water: 4.02 Thought receiving storm water was free, yet somehow ...

Well, the heating and cooling in my house are both electric, so that's the bill that goes up or down, depending on the weather...

... and I also don't burn my trash/garbage on the porch. ( which might help with the mosquitoes... )

Can't say the same for my neighbors though, if the smell is any indication. ( Which might explain all the mosquitoes being over HERE. )

Edited by Jamie
Server douche. Somebody stomp the bag early, tonight?
Guest Daelith
And nothing else?? :D

Only for my husband in the privacy of our home!:)

Besides, I think we would have already met via indecent exposure charges if I were riding around like that.:D

Guest db99wj

Yep, ready for late summer early fall, that allows the Jeep top come off for extended periods of time, due to that and typically less rain.

Oh, my Ut bill was $321 this past month. Our average is $250/month. This is the highest it has been, the lowest was $179. Our house is about 1,950SF. Gas Heat, elec everything else.

Guest bkelm18

I do enjoy the cooler "jacket" weather. Taking walks in the evening when the leaves turn and smelling the chimney smoke has always been one of my favorite things to do.

Guest uofmeet

I would always rather have windows open with the right kind of weather than running a/c, heat.....in the house and in the car....love spring/fall times....

I love the change of all four seasons but I'll say fall is the most pleasant for me. The only thing that swings fall the other way for me is the end to boating season. As for winter, I don't mind it up to a point. I can take the cold better than the heat but winter just seems to go on too long. I think the short days may have something to do with that.

Guest KimberChick
I think you're on to something. As a traffic cop, I can tell you that along with the 6,000 other wrecks we have each year when a quarter of an inch of snow comes, there's always a wreck or two caused by drivers from the north (or other areas accustomed to a lot of snowfall). And they're usually blushing pretty hard.

I spent a week in Nebraska in January for work. There was a good 36 inches on the ground, more along the roadside, and a glaze of freezing "fog" on the roadways each morning that cleared before noon but left motorists crashing into each other and jacking the morning commute. The first evening I was there I caught a dusting of about an inch. You'd have thought you were back in Memphis. They aren't any better at driving on the stuff than we are.

I'm ready for it to be under 100 degrees and less humid. I don't mind the cold so much. Fall is crunchy leaves and making pecan pies with the pecans off the trees in my yard. mmmmm......