ArmaLite?

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

What say you guys on there products? Like em'? Hate em'? Don't know?

I know this is the long gun thread but what about their pistols (AR24)? Any experience with them?

Any one have any dealings with their warranty? Did they treat you right?

Anybody ever handle the AR50? AR30 (308Win, 300Win mag, 338 Lapua) if so which one? Shoot good for you or your buddy?

Thanks!

GT

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at thier AR-24 pistols when they first came out. The consensus on TOS was the first production run was plauged with failures. That was more than 3 years ago and I haven't looked into it again because the CZ 75 isn't hard to find pnline and doesn't appear to have many QC problems (that i've heard of).

The AR15, no problems there. They could make more "fit for duty" complete rifles material wise (I don't really care about 1/7 vs 1/9 but the barrel steel could be a beter choice). I'd definitely choose an AR-10 over the DPMS LR-308. My co worker has a late 90's M-15 and he still puts it over any mid tier factory rifle (Bushy, RRA, Stag etc.)

Was at the Viola range today and a guy had a ArmaLite AR-30 .338 Lapua that he and an acquaintance were working on.

He had already sent it back to the factory three times for a bolt issue. The acquaintance is a long-time high-power shooter and knows his way around a rifle and is going to try to get this rifle running.

He let me try out his Savage 110 BA in 300 Win Mag a few weeks ago and it's one fine shooting rifle. They also have the 110 BA in .338 Lapua at a similar price point as the ArmaLite.

Why would you choose a AR-10 over a DPMS LR-308?

I have one and two of my friends have one each and I know other people with them with no problems at all.

I shot a few AR-10's a few years back and was generally impressed but when I shot a DPMS AP-4, I was not impressed with the trigger, accuracy or the multiple FTF and FTE's. (though the finish was superb) I aslo don't care for the receiver "shape" that you can't use any other upper but DPMS. You can't use most after market free float handguards either.

Why would you choose a AR-10 over a DPMS LR-308?

My Dept bought two DPMS LR-308 for Observer rifles (partnered with our snipers). Neither one would run right (malfunctions/gas issues/blown primers) and DPMS gave us the run-around over it.

I, too, would choose something other than DPMS if I was buying a .308 AR.

Edited by TN-popo
Guest GunTroll

Thanks for the feedback. I just set up a dealer account with them and wondered what some thought of their products. I've never handled anything from them (perhaps thats good) so some insight is needed and much appreciated.

Thanks,

GT