recomendations for a .22 mousegun

Guest knightslayer57

Guest knightslayer57

Hello,

I want your opinion on what you would recomend for a good 22 pocket pistol. It must be small, lightweight, and most of all reliable. Preferably a semi-auto, as I am already looking for a NAA Black Widow. I am also already in the market for a Browning Buckmark to target shoot with, so the idea here is to look for something tiny. I realy like shooting 22's, as the ammo is so cheap, the recoil is so low, and the report does not deafen me. No, this is not for a ccw, or a backup(as that is what the NAA is for), but just something that will be fun to shoot.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcoyle6

I've got a Walther P22. Its fun, reasonably reliable, and is capable of accepting all sorts of accessories. Accessories such as a suppressor... I do have a hankering for a Ruger MkII with a bull barrel though they look great with mufflers too!

Guest DrBoomBoom

Hey Knightslayer,

It's the Bobcat 21A. I bought mine used from the Rabbi. It's a true "mousegun," it gets mixed reviews, folks love 'em or hate 'em. I love mine. Being a very small, "tip up" system semi-auto, it's finnicky. My Bobcat will shoot CCI minimags or CCI stingers with 100% reliability, but the with lower velocity it will have FTE's now and then. It's more accurate than I expected out to 20 feet. I've carried it as a bug, but to paraphrase Col. Cooper, if I shot someone with it, and they knew it, they might get mad. Here's a link to the Beretta site:

http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_pistols_main.htm

The inox (Beretta's fancy name for stainless) version is reputed to be more reliable. Again, I love mine, it's fun, and it's been 100% reliable with CCI stingers or minimags. Just had it out to the range today. Fun little gun.

Guest knightslayer57

Yea, the Bobcat is the direction I am leaning as well, but I like word of mouth advertising on things that I have no personal knowledge of. I have heard alot of negative comments in the past about the Walther TPH's reliability, or were you commenting on the more recent p22? It has not spawned many reviews to it's reliability as well, but I did like the point that jcoyle6 mentioned about the ease of accepting a suppressor, though from what I have gathered from those that have done this they were not all satisfied with the combo. The p22 also seems a little large to be a true pocket pistol, but I may be wrong. In any case, it would definetly be too large if you were to add a can. I plan on getting a suppressor for the Buckmark(with a tac sol threaded barrel) from Frank at ETS........that is once I get figure out exactly which model I want, so that is less of a factor in this search.

Guest bulletproof

I've got a P22 and I've been been very happy with it. I always shoot CCI Mini Mag, Velocitor, or Stingers in it and it never jams. Tried shooting some German ammo one time and ended up throwing what was left away. Anything less than the muzzle velocity of Mini Mags will jam. Otherwise, it shoots great with higher velocity ammo. Just a little big for a pocket gun maybe.

...No, this is not for a ccw, or a backup(as that is what the NAA is for), but just something that will be fun to shoot.

Since you're not concerned about carrying the gun... why not opt for a full-size .22? Or perhaps one with a 4" barrel, such as are available on Ruger, Browning, S&W, and several other rimfire semi-autos.

I think he's also looking for a fullsize, a Buckmark is the one he mentioned.

Taurus also makes a copy of the Beretta Bobcat which may be a little cheaper. I have no idea as to reliability, etc.

While not a pocket gun, check this thing out!! It's absolutely nutty, but if it works it's gotta be fun!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Guns-Handguns-Semi-Automatic-22-Long-Rifle-Calico-Weapon-Systems-M-110-22-Semi-Automatic-Pistol-22-LR-6-inches-Barrel-100-Rounds_QQ65399_QQ2947

Guest DrBoomBoom

After wounding a squirrel and following the blood trail for a few miles, this would be the perfect "dispatcher."