Made in USA , 2010

Guest strelcevina

Guest strelcevina
Do you run your kids down when they act American too?

actually i speak English to them as a primary language. Broken English that is .

my Older one was trying to correct me but like you can see failed :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i speak English to them as a primary language. Broken English that is .

my Older one was trying to correct me but like you can see failed :)

Okay, I have a tooth ache and am drinking a bunch due to that, so I may be a little addle-headed, BUT...

Strel... it's really not your broken english that's getting you the grief here. It's the thoughts behind you words, or at least the thoughts that are perceived to be behind your words that are causing that. My own grandfather, on my father's side, was never fluent in english... but was still a lot of fun when he was drunk. ( which was about every time I saw him ).

Even for that, once he crossed the ocean, he was all American. And made no bones about it, or brooked any argument about it.

You need to do the same, I think... or else be prepared to forever be a "foreigner".

Guest drv2fst

don't forget Nikola Tesla

And we will not forget Tesla. He was probably one of the worlds greatest scientists. Better than Edison. More practical than Einstein. Truly one of the greatest. Unfortunatly, also probably the stereotype for all "mad scientist" characters. Looney as can be, but brilliant in a class of his own.

when something Tesla made up actually works and produces some really meaningful energy, then we can throw flowers at his dead butt. Till then, someone else had to make a car to keep the name alive

You are showing your ignorance here. Research him. He invented more than we have time to list here. Florescent light bulbs, AC electric transmission, AC Brushless Motors, spark plugs, remote control, radio (before Marconi), and soooo much more.

Can't forget him... he's a regular on Sanctuary. :)

Never watched Sanctuary. May have to check it out.

Guest drv2fst

Strel, true not as much is still made here as we would like. But almost everything of interest to the modern world was invented here. That is because for most of our history we have attracted the worlds greatest experts at all professions to come to America and bring their ingenuity with them. Like Tesla. Sadly we need to correct our current course or that will not be true in the future.

Guest strelcevina
Strel, true not as much is still made here as we would like. But almost everything of interest to the modern world was invented here. That is because for most of our history we have attracted the worlds greatest experts at all professions to come to America and bring their ingenuity with them. Like Tesla. Sadly we need to correct our current course or that will not be true in the future.

Agree

I'm trying to support usa made stuff as much I can , but sadly there is not much left.

Actually America has more manufacturing now than we have every had. The difference is some of the well known manufactures have moved off and we are making more specialized stuff. more technical stuff if you will.

edited to add: we continue to produce more than anyone in the world, however we are loosing jobs in that sector due to an increase in efficiency (computers, robots, etc.). It is interesting to watch.

I can't find the good article I usually refer to but here is a good picture from 2008

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2009104319/g20-manufacturing-output-capita

Edited by Smith
And we will not forget Tesla. He was probably one of the worlds greatest scientists. Better than Edison. More practical than Einstein. Truly one of the greatest. Unfortunatly, also probably the stereotype for all "mad scientist" characters. Looney as can be, but brilliant in a class of his own.

You are showing your ignorance here. Research him. He invented more than we have time to list here. Florescent light bulbs, AC electric transmission, AC Brushless Motors, spark plugs, remote control, radio (before Marconi), and soooo much more.

Never watched Sanctuary. May have to check it out.

Saved me the effort. Tesla was brilliant but ahead of his time.

Guest drv2fst
Nice collection of ammo drv2fst!

Thanks, there is more but some Wolf was mixed in the shot and that is clearly not "Made in USA"

Tesla would be ahead of his time today. He was thinking and building things then that we are just now catcing up to.

I saw a show on Science channel where scientist today cannot reproduce many of his results. We have proof that he did them and some hints as to how but many have tried and failed to pull it off as he did 100 years ago.

If he had not run out of money...If he had trusted others more...If he had been slightly less batty....If he had someone to help him manage his work.... The world would be 100-200 years ahead of where we are now with technology.

Guest 1817ak47

some hand tools,

2 aquarium filters forgot the brand now that I am thinking of it

tires on the truck

will think of more stuff whe I get home, haven't bought much new stuff though mostly used bargains

I used to shop by price and not from where things came from, and now I relize I greatly contributed to our deteriorating country. now I look at place of mfg and will often hold out to find a us made item and am not hesitant to pay more if it mean us made. but union made isn't cool when people get overpaid to do one half a persons job