• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that did not last long

now did it?

Are we talking about religious threads again?

Or booze, maybe?

Neither seem to last very long, though they do seem to attract a crowd...

J.

I really hope if SHTF that it is early on a Friday while I am driving a route and the truck is still mostly full of product. I am pretty sure the International can knock most stuff out of the roadway and keep on rolling. Hopefully enough to get me home. After reading Garufa's SHTF thread I am not using the van anymore.

I hope I don't lose faith in religious debates in general.

I just wish I could get an actual debate out of 'em, rather than a sermon... :-\

All they ( the religious folks ) ever do is keep repeating the source material, and how we're all going to hell, rather than tell me why they believe it, or what evidence they think supports it.

It would probably shock most of 'em to know I can ( and have ) argue both sides equally well. I guess the difference is I already know I can't lose ( or win ), no matter which side I choose to argue, and don't care anyway.

Ah well... Somebody will start another one sooner or later.

J.

Guest Verbal Kint

Reading this book now actually, that my fiance was reading and pointed out to me...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]301[/ATTACH]

Amazon Link

As American society becomes more secularized, Christians need to know all the facts about the Bible. Dr. Grant R. Jeffrey has spent decades researching history, science, archaeology, medicine, and prophecy--finding that each discipline confirms the truth of Scripture. This revised and updated edition of The Signature of God proves that the Bible is not only accurate in its spiritual claims, but is completely reliable as well on matters of origins, medicine, history, and science.

Historians of the ancient world--as well as recent archaeological finds--confirm the names of kings and kingdoms, and the dates of wars and mass migrations mentioned in the Bible. Recent breakthroughs in astronomy, physics, and medical science have shown that God's Word accurately described the universe and the processes of human life before scientific research caught up. And hundreds of fulfilled prophecies show that God revealed the future to his prophets in order to undergird the faith of his people.

No matter how loudly the skeptics argue against Christian faith, only one conclusion makes sense: the Bible is God-breathed. You can believe every word, every claim, every prophecy, and every miracle. With no doubts.

Very good book. All I'm saying. :tinfoil:

I really hope if SHTF that it is early on a Friday while I am driving a route and the truck is still mostly full of product. I am pretty sure the International can knock most stuff out of the roadway and keep on rolling. Hopefully enough to get me home. After reading Garufa's SHTF thread I am not using the van anymore.

SHTF when you are least ready.

Well that's one way to sell a book... :tinfoil:

( I'm not talking about you, V.K., just the blurb from the book. )

( BTW, found this, concerning the book V.K. is reading, and it's author. Still, it's probably an interesting read. )

J.

Edited by Jamie
Depends on the size of what you are knocking out of the way. I have a Columbia Class Freightliner I intend to use.

Who do you drive for?

Very good book. All I'm saying. :tinfoil:

Another fascinating read, with slightly different viewpoint:

51Hzv6mXWUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold

Controversial and explosive, The Christ Conspiracy marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence that the religion of Christianity and Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion! This powerful book maintains that these groups drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era and reworked them into the story the Christian religion presents today-known to most Westerners as the Bible. Author Acharya makes the case that there was no actual person named Jesus, but that several characters were rolled into one mythic being inspired by the deities Mithras, Heracles/Hercules, Dionysus and many others of the Roman Empire. She demonstrates that the story of Jesus, as portrayed in the Gospels, is nearly identical in detail to those of the earlier savior-gods Krishna and Horus, and concludes that Jesus was certainly neither original nor unique, nor was he the divine revelation. Rather, he represents the very ancient body of knowledge derived from celestial observation and natural forces. A book that will initiate heated debate and inner struggle, it is intelligently written and referenced. The only book of its kind, it is destined for controversy.

- OS

Depends on the size of what you are knocking out of the way. I have a Columbia Class Freightliner I intend to use.

Who do you drive for?

all I really have to worry about knocking out of the way are MallRunners, sedans and light pick ups.

I drive on Fridays for a beverge distributor. ( in the warehouse the other four days)

Reading this book now actually, that my fiance was reading and pointed out to me...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]301[/ATTACH]

Amazon Link

Very good book. All I'm saying. :lol:

Another fascinating read, with slightly different viewpoint:

51Hzv6mXWUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold

Controversial and explosive, The Christ Conspiracy marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence that the religion of Christianity and Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion! This powerful book maintains that these groups drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era and reworked them into the story the Christian religion presents today-known to most Westerners as the Bible. Author Acharya makes the case that there was no actual person named Jesus, but that several characters were rolled into one mythic being inspired by the deities Mithras, Heracles/Hercules, Dionysus and many others of the Roman Empire. She demonstrates that the story of Jesus, as portrayed in the Gospels, is nearly identical in detail to those of the earlier savior-gods Krishna and Horus, and concludes that Jesus was certainly neither original nor unique, nor was he the divine revelation. Rather, he represents the very ancient body of knowledge derived from celestial observation and natural forces. A book that will initiate heated debate and inner struggle, it is intelligently written and referenced. The only book of its kind, it is destined for controversy.

- OS

Aw, c'mon guys.... I can't get a decent debate out'a the proponents of ONE book, now you gotta go and throw 2 more in there???

Sheesh... talk about muddying the waters. :lol:

:):lol:

J.

I just wish I could get an actual debate out of 'em, rather than a sermon... :-\

All they ( the religious folks ) ever do is keep repeating the source material, and how we're all going to hell, rather than tell me why they believe it, or what evidence they think supports it.

It would probably shock most of 'em to know I can ( and have ) argue both sides equally well. I guess the difference is I already know I can't lose ( or win ), no matter which side I choose to argue, and don't care anyway.

Ah well... Somebody will start another one sooner or later.

J.

Jaime, I'd more thank welcome having a debate with you. Problem is forums don't tend to lend themselves well to that kinda discussion. As evidenced in several threads and why TGO David is usually wise to terminate them fairly quickly. :lol: On the other hand, sooner or later it comes done to the balance of evidence. There will be no conclusion since the final verdict can ultimately only come after the fact. So, essentially it comes down to faith in the evidence for both sides. I just wished both sides would admit that what they believe, they ultimately accept by faith. The divide is not as large as some think.

PS when I use faith i mean in the Biblical sense "evidence of things hoped for, the substance of things not seen."