Who owns a Monkey Fist?!

Guest Glock23ForMe

I have one that's black and desert digi-camo that I had custom-made by a member here. It's got a 7/8" SS ball inside the fist, and a little skull with eyes that glow in the dark above it. Nicest fist I've ever seen, and 2 of my friends have bought from him as well after seeing mine.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73challenger

I have a black one my friend made for me with my paracord. We were both learning how to tie them. I love it.. I have a shooter marble in mine but we have 3/4 in ball bearings to use now.

I have a black one, had it for years. It has a computer mouse ball as the center. It has been very useful especially when I have my duty belt on. Makes getting my keys out much easier and faster. Couple of our guys at the department make them in just about any color/color combination.

I admit, I did not know what you where talking about at first until I read some of the other comments.

Then I googled it and found some pictures.

What I keep on my key chain is this

CPR Keychain with Gloves - Red Cross Store

Item_522_4928.jpg

One of those things you hope you never have to use but will be glad you have it in case you do.

I used to have one of those. When I went through EMT school and spent a few years actually doing CPR on a (at least) weekly basis, I realized how useless it'd be. CPR tends to force air into the stomach, which results in the patient vomiting. That little shield won't do you much good. The AHA now suggests chest compressions only (no more mouth-to-mouth) for lay rescuers. I've not seen the data, but I've heard that recent studies are showing that very little additional oxygen actually gets delivered to the patient via mouth-to-mouth anyway. Best to just keep what oxygenated blood is still in the body circulating.

To stay on topic - yes, I have a monkey fist or two...

Guest Boomhower

I've got them in various colors.......I make them as well. Picked up the habit a few months back when me a buddy went in together and bought 1800' (8 different colors) of 550 paracord. We had the idea that we were going to make them and sell them for cheap $3-$5 each. Also make whats called a

, and survival bracelets. A coworker came into work one day and was wearing a double cobra switched bracelet with a SS shackle (500+ lb rating) that he had bought online for upwards of $20. It was supposed to be made up of 40'+ of 550 paracord, so me and a buddy thought we'd make them ourselves and sell them. Once we priced material, we found out that $20 was a HUGH profit and one didn't need to take advantage of folks like that so we thought they would sell like hot cakes for a few bucks. One would think that there is a niche market for this kind of stuff, but there really isn't that I have found. Lot's of people think they are cool, but I've given away far more than I have sold. All I was doing was looking to make my money back and a little extra to be able to buy more colors.

Good luck. Hope you can sell more than I have been able to. I've almost decided to start making up a bunch and giving the stuff away. (but I'm not there yet!:puke:)

Guest rockbottom12

there is a cop over a the kpd shooting range making a killing at $6 his son makes them and he sells them to hcp students who qualify at their range. i got one and so did the wife. in camo mine afgan tan and hers was digital green camo.

I have one. I use it for tossing paracord over tree limbs while camping so I can keep my food of the ground and for tying up tarps.

I'm having a hard time believing you have left over food in need of tying up

:)

Edited by strickj