New DPMS AR15 for me

Guest blairellis

Guest blairellis

Not the best pics but these will do for now. Have to remove the rear backup sight to put the scope on but that takes less than a minute to do so I am ok with that.

More parts to come shortly I'm sure :devil:

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blairellis

Not sure why its so far back...is there a specific spot where its supposed to go?

I did shoot it but that was before the scope. Forgot to take pics of the groups. Next time I go out I wont forget :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blairellis

30 rounds at 30 yards. Still dialing in the scope but it's a pretty tight group this gun is shooting for not being sandbagged. I'm just resting the gun on the magazine on a towel on the bench.

2010-09-05190701.jpg

Back of the target holder when all shots were fired for the day :D (100+ rounds)

2010-09-05191055.jpg

Edited by blairellis

The scope needs to be where you feel the best eye relief is for you. Set the butt stock where you like it, then adjust the scope from there. Most scopes wouldn't be as far back as yours is, however you have a small scope, so it might need to be back that far to give you proper eye relief. If you were to go a different route with a traditional scope, you could get a Burris PEPR mount and a flip up rear sight. The PEPR mount will give you enough height to clear the rear sight when it's folded down, however bring the scope back for proper eye relief.

The fun part about AR15's are that you can do so many different things with them. The not so fun part is that your wallet will be wondering what happened...lol